Do You Know How to Drive During a Protest?
Las Vegas is heating up as people are marching and gathering to protest various issues. Whether on the strip or downtown Las Vegas, large public gatherings disrupt traffic and impact pedestrians. Driving during a protest can be a stressful and potentially dangerous experience. Are you worried about driving during a protest? If you are, then continue reading as we provide protest safety tips for drivers, including tips for commercial truck drivers.
We hope the below protest safety tips help you avoid protest dangers. If you are injured in a car accident during a protest, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a car accident victim in Las Vegas. Other parties can actually stand in your way of receiving top compensation for car accident injuries. You need an experienced car accident lawyer to represent you, so you can win the compensation you deserve. Not every attorney can get you the top monetary award you should receive – many literally do not have the experience that can put you in the best position to win your accident case. Your Las Vegas car accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. That is exactly what Anthem Injury Lawyers offers you.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas car accident attorneys review your case as soon as possible. Now is the right time to contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Protest Safety Tips for Drivers
Driving in Las Vegas can be a stressful experience, especially near downtown and the Strip. In addition to local traffic, drivers have to worry about out-of-town pedestrians and drivers. During a protest, the amount of pedestrian traffic increases, making a stressful situation a potentially dangerous one. The safest driving decision you can make during a protest is to not drive near the protest. However, if you must drive near a protest area, you can take steps to keep you and your passengers safe. Below, we will provide protest safety tips for drivers planning to drive during protests. We will also discuss what to do if your vehicle is caught in a protest.
Even if you take responsible protest safety steps to keep you and your passengers safe, another driver can still injure you during a protest. If you are injured in a car accident during a protest, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. We offer decades of experience that can get you the top compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Safety Tips for Drivers Planning to Drive During Protests
If you are planning to drive near a protest, use the following protest safety tips:
- Gas up your vehicle. Make sure you have a full tank of gas before you leave. You may not be able to access gas stations near the protest. If you have an electric vehicle, make sure that it is charged before you leave.
- Plan ahead. Keep extra water and a snack in your car, and ensure that your phone is fully charged.
- Remain calm. A protest can be an overwhelming experience. Take a deep breath and remind yourself to stay calm while driving.
- Expect road and lane closures. You may not be able to take your planned route. If possible, plan an alternate route that completely avoids the protest area.
- Be prepared for delays. You should allow extra travel time getting to and from your destination.
- Expect to walk. If there is a protest or gathering near your destination, you may need to park far away and walk.
- Drive responsibly. You should always drive responsibly, and a protest is no exception. Below are responsible driving reminders.
Responsible Driving Reminders.
- Drive sober. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving causes accidents. You have a responsibility to keep your eyes and ears alert. Resist the temptation to record the activity with your cell phone or to check for news alerts.
- Always wear a seat belt. Keep your child in a car seat that is appropriate for their height and weight.
- Drive with caution. Driving conditions can change quickly during a protest. Follow instructions from road signs and any police that are present.
- Slow down. Speeding is dangerous, especially around large crowds.
- Be prepared to stop. You may have to stop frequently for pedestrians and other vehicles.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Safety Tips for Drivers Caught in a Protest
What happens if you are no longer near the protest, but driving in the protest? In some instances, a protest can overtake the roadways, catching drivers off guard. If you are caught in a protest, you should do the following:
- Stay calm. Take a deep breath as you try to decide on safe next steps.
- If there is an emergency, call 911.
- Lock your doors and close your windows. If it is safe to do so, you should try to remain in your vehicle.
- Try to reroute. If you find yourself approaching a crowd or being approached by a crowd, turn down the nearest side street or try to turn around. Continue to drive in a safe and cautious manner.
- Never drive through a crowd. It is illegal to hit protesters. Driving through a crowd is extremely dangerous.
- If you are unable to reroute, you may need to park and leave your vehicle. If you need to leave your vehicle, try to find a safe spot to leave it and remember to lock your vehicle. Once you are out of your vehicle, you should seek shelter in side streets, doorways, or any place away from the protest.
- If you cannot safely exit your vehicle, you can still stop your vehicle and turn off the engine. Do not engage with the protesters.
If you are injured by a driver during a protest, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Don’t delay: our Las Vegas car accident attorneys are ready to help you with the aggressive, experienced representation you need to win. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Protest Safety Tips for Commercial Truck Drivers
Driving during a protest can be challenging. These challenges are amplified for commercial truck drivers. Last year, in response to national protests, the following three groups put together recommendations for commercial truck drivers:
- American Trucking Associations
- ATA Safety Management Council
- ATA Transportation Security Council
Protest Safety Recommendations for Professional Drivers
The groups worked together to provide guidance to drivers facing potentially dangerous situations. Their guidance included the following recommendations for professional drivers entering areas of protest and social unrest:
- Immediately report any emergency situation to local law enforcement by calling 911.
- Avoid areas of unrest.
- Exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- Plan for road closures.
- If your route brings you through an area that has seen protests, check that the interstates and roads along the route are open. Ensure the area you are delivering to is safe. You can check the local news, with your dispatcher, or with the safety department.
- Contact the delivery location for current and timely situations and conditions. Traffic conditions are constantly changing.
- Remain in regular communication with your dispatcher to provide travel updates.
- Plan ahead, try to make deliveries in areas of unrest during the day, at night park in well lit, safe areas.
- Assess every situation prior to exiting the cab of your truck. If danger or exposure to large gatherings in the form of protest exist, abort delivery operations.
- Conduct thorough pre-trip inspections before departing domiciled locations. Eliminate maintenance breakdowns from the equation.
- Always keep doors locked and windows closed.
- Remove keys from unattended vehicles and ensure trailer locking and latching mechanisms are functioning properly.
- If you encounter a gathering, stop your vehicle and do not drive through.
- Avoid any interaction and do not provoke the group.
- If available, utilize your in-cab camera in an unsafe situation to document your surroundings.
- Maintain continuous contact with your dispatcher and safety department for specific operating procedures and follow company policy.
If you are injured in a truck accident in Las Vegas, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above protest safety tips help you safely navigate Las Vegas. If another driver injures you during a Las Vegas area protest, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and have won top compensation for clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a Las Vegas area accident victim. We will represent you against parties who stand in your way of winning the compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim. Plus, affordability isn’t an issue; our Las Vegas accident attorneys don’t get paid unless they win for you.
Your choice of a personal injury lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. Get our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers working for you, so you can have the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.