Tips for Your First Meeting With a Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in a car accident? Did you make the smart decision to contact a personal injury lawyer? If this is your first time meeting with a lawyer, you may be scared or nervous. That is completely normal. At Anthem Injury Lawyers, we understand that sometimes a little preparation can help ease your nerves. Below we will provide tips for your first meeting with a personal injury lawyer. This includes suggestions on how to prepare and what to bring.
If you are injured in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. Anthem Injury Lawyers knows how to aggressively go up against parties who will try to prevent you from receiving the compensation you deserve. With our car accident lawyers on your side, you’ll be in the best position to win your case. Don’t delay. Provide us with maximum time to fight for your rights as a Las Vegas accident victim. Now is the right time to contact us at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Check Out Their Website
The law firm you are visiting should have a website. Look at their website for additional information about the lawyers and the type of law they practice.
- The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a large team of lawyers and staff ready to serve you. To find out more about a specific member of our team go to the Our Team page on our website.
- You can also visit the Anthem Injury Lawyers website for helpful information. This includes our Personal Injury page and our Personal Injury FAQ page.
Your time with a personal injury lawyer is valuable. You should plan to arrive early so that your meeting can start on time. This ensures that you can maximize the time you have scheduled to meet with the lawyer. If you are new to the office, review the address to plan the best route ahead of time. Use your phone or computer to check out trip time estimates.
- Anthem Injury Lawyers is located at 3145 St. Rose Parkway, Suite #220 in Henderson, Nevada.
Prepare Your Contact Information
A law firm will need your basic contact information such as who you are and how to best contact you. Be prepared to provide the following:
- Home address
- Home phone number
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Work address
Plan to Provide Information About the Accident
During your initial meeting, you should plan to provide basic information about the accident and treatment. Remember, it is okay if you do not have all the accident information. A lawyer can help you gather the necessary information. However, you should provide the following information if possible:
- Details of the accident. This includes the date, address, and description of what occurred.
- Photos or videos (or contact information of people who may have photos or videos) of the accident or injuries.
- Names and contact information of other people involved in the accident. This may include their insurance information.
- Names and contact information of first responders. This may include law enforcement officers, paramedics, EMT’s, and firefighters.
- Names and contact information of witnesses.
- If you were transported by ambulance, have the ambulance information.
- Names and contact information of insurance companies. If you spoke with adjusters, provide their names and contact information as well.
- If you were treated at a hospital, have treatment dates and identifying information for the hospital.
- Names and contact information of any medical professionals who examined or treated you. This includes any treatment following the accident.
- Your employment information including dates of any missed days of work following the accident.
- A description of how the accident has impacted you? How the accident has impacted your family? Be specific.
Gather Relevant Documents
A lawyer may or may not ask to view relevant documents during your initial meeting. However, gathering relevant documents can help you better prepare for your meeting. What is relevant depends upon your situation. If possible you should bring the following (or copies):
- The police report
- Any written or recorded statements related to the accident
- Medical records
- Receipts for treatment, medical equipment, and medication
- Insurance company correspondence
- Information from other involved parties (this includes the other driver(s))
- Estimates and repair records
- Financial information related to any wage loss (pay stubs or recent tax returns)
No need to feel overwhelmed. If you were involved in an accident that was not your fault, a lawyer can help you sort through the process. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. Well-meaning people may try to talk you out of working with a car accident lawyer. We recommend that you allow our expert lawyers to pursue your case for you. There is no upfront fee. You only pay if we win your case. Time is of the essence: get in touch with our office now, and we will get started pursuing your Las Vegas personal injury case, so you get the compensation you’re entitled to. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Write Down Your List of Questions
If this is your first meeting with a personal injury lawyer, you probably have a lot of questions. The best way to make sure all of your questions are answered is to write down your list of questions. Do this before meeting with the lawyer.
Examples of questions you may have for a personal injury lawyer include the following:
- What lawyer will be assigned to your case? The person you initially meet with may not be assigned to your case.
- Does the lawyer have experience with your type of case?
- Does the lawyer have trial experience? How many of their cases go to trial? What is their success rate?
- What settlements has the lawyer obtained?
- How and how often will the lawyer communicate with you about your case?
- How does the lawyer expect to be paid?
- What can you expect for a timeline?
- What will the lawyer expect of you?
Regardless of how you prepare, you should always contact a personal injury lawyer if you are the victim in a car accident. Award-winning Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced personal injury lawyers. Our car accident lawyers offer years of experience winning top compensation for our clients. This combination of experience and expertise is exactly what you need when pursuing significant compensation as an accident victim. Don’t worry about affording a lawyer. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay if we win for you. Now is the perfect time to schedule your free consultation with our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers. Contact us at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope these tips for your first meeting with a personal injury lawyer are helpful. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that even the most cautious person can be injured in a car accident. If another driver has injured you in a car accident, it’s important that you seek experienced legal representation. Our car accident lawyers serve the Las Vegas area with the knowledge and expertise to help you gain maximum compensation for your injuries.
With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers is the Las Vegas personal injury law firm you need. Get our experts on your side: we specialize in personal injury claims. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your car accident case. Now is the right time to pursue your Las Vegas car accident case and get the compensation you deserve. Call our personal injury lawyers now at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.