Las Vegas, NV (December 18, 2019) – Anthem Injury Lawyers were proud sponsors of the 19th Annual Pro Bono Awards hosted by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. The luncheon was held on Friday, December 13, 2019, at the Wynn Las Vegas.
Established in 1958, the Legal Aid Center is a nonprofit law firm that provides direct legal representation, counsel, advice, and community legal education for qualifying individuals who cannot afford an attorney. Legal Aid Center helps clients who are victims of domestic violence and crime, victims of consumer fraud, children in the foster care system, and individuals dealing with the immigration system.
Las Vegas Pro Bono Attorneys Honored
Each year, the Legal Aid Center honors its pro bono attorneys at a luncheon. This year Legal Aid Center presented the following awards:
- 2019 William S. Boyd Award of Excellence to Southwest Gas Corporation
- The Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award to Meng Zhong of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award to Marry Bacon
- Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year Award to Snell & Wilmer‘s Las Vegas office
- 2019 Access to Justice Award of Excellence to Brittnie Watkins of Pisanelli Bice
- 2019 Justice Nancy Becker Pro Bono Award of Judicial Excellence to the United States District Court Judge for the District of Nevada – Richard F. Boulware II. Judge Boulware
- Volunteer Education Advocate Award to Leora Abrams
- 2019 Public Interest Law Student of Distinction Award to Edwards Cervantes
- Louie Wiener Pro Bono Service Award to Shannon R. Wilson, a partner at Hutchison & Steffen, Attorneys
- 2019 Vince Consul Memorial Pro Bono Award to Kevin L. Hernandez, founder of the Law Office of Kevin L. Hernandez
- Ask-A-Lawyer Community Commitment Award to Glenn Schepps
About Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys Anthem Injury Lawyers
Award-winning personal-injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers are a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers based in Henderson, NV serving Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Summerlin, Reno and Clark County. With over 25 years of experience representing clients across a range of personal injury cases, including auto accidents, drunk driver accidents, bus accidents, wrongful death cases and more, Anthem also specializes in employment law claims. The firm offers complimentary initial consultations. Anthem Injury Lawyers has strong ties to Southern Nevada. Founding Partner Puneet K. Garg, Esq. and his parents moved to Southern Nevada in 1996. Puneet thereafter graduated from Green Valley High School. After attending the UNLV Honors College for two years, Puneet decided to finish his undergraduate studies in Accounting at the University of Arizona. After obtaining his undergraduate degree, Puneet returned to Southern Nevada and attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. Thereafter, Puneet clerked at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada. After this clerkship, Puneet clerked for the Supreme Court of Nevada.
Prior to founding Anthem Injury Lawyers, Founding Partner Anthony B. Golden, Esq. was also a clerk at the Supreme Court of Nevada. After his Supreme Court clerkship, Anthony joined a national law firm practicing commercial and business litigation. After a few years, Anthony transitioned to a national labor and employment law firm and became a partner at that firm. Anthony specialized in representing large and small businesses.
For more information about Anthem Injury Lawyers and its team that serves the Las Vegas area, please contact:
Anthem Injury Lawyers
3145 St. Rose Parkway
Henderson, Nevada 89052