What Is Whiplash?
If you are rear-ended in a car accident, your neck may rapidly move back and forth. This movement can cause an injury known as whiplash. Whiplash is very painful and is commonly caused by car accidents. If you have ever wondered what is whiplash, then continue reading. Below we will discuss whiplash, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment. We will also provide a reminder of what to do after a car accident.
We hope this article helps you understand whiplash after a car accident. If a driver injures you in Las Vegas or vicinity, contact the experienced personal injury legal team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We do not charge for initial consultations and will travel to you at home or in the hospital if necessary. Leave the complexities of dealing with insurance companies and the details of handling your case to our experienced lawyers and staff. Get the best opportunity for maximum compensation when you have our Las Vegas car accident lawyers represent you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Is Whiplash?
If you were in a car accident and are experiencing neck pain, it could be whiplash. According to the Mayo Clinic, whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck. Similar to the cracking of a whip. Whiplash can also injure bones and the following:
- Cervical spine
- Discs between the vertebrae
- Other soft tissues in your neck and back
Whiplash can cause long-term pain and discomfort. If you are injured in a car accident, you should seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.Our lawyers can help you gain maximum compensation from the parties responsible for your Las Vegas car accident.
What Are the Symptoms of Whiplash?
If you have been in a car accident, it is important to seek medical care. It is also important to recognize the symptoms of whiplash. According to the Mayo Clinic, symptoms of whiplash may include the following:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Worsening of pain with neck movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Headaches, most often starting at the base of the skull
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulder, upper back or arms
- Tingling or numbness in the arms
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory problems
Symptoms of whiplash may not occur immediately after a car accident. They can appear days and even weeks later. If you have been the victim of a car accident and experience any of the above symptoms, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. Remember: insurance companies are not motivated to help you. Instead, rely on our experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyers who will protect your rights and provide the best opportunity to gain just compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
How Is Whiplash Diagnosed?
Your medical provider will be able to diagnose whiplash. This will most likely be done through questions and a physical exam. The doctor may ask you about the accident and your symptoms. They may also ask you about your ability to perform normal, everyday tasks. Your doctor will also perform an exam. During the exam, your doctor may touch and move your head, neck, and arms. Your medical provider may check the following:
- If you have tenderness in our neck, shoulders, or back.
- Your range of motion in your neck and shoulders.
- If motions cause pain or increase pain.
- The sensations in your limbs.
If you have been injured in a car accident and are seeking medical treatment, you may feel overwhelmed and scared. If you were the victim in the accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer will advocate your position and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. We know how to deal with insurance companies and can get you the compensation you deserve as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
How Is Whiplash Treated?
Your medical provider will determine the best course of treatment for your whiplash. Treatments for whiplash will vary based on severity, age, health, and other factors. Some treatment options are listed below:
- Heat application
- Cold application
- Pain medication
- Muscle relaxers
- Physical therapy
Whiplash is painful. Treatment for whiplash can be expensive and time- consuming. If another driver is responsible for your injuries, you may be wondering how you can afford treatment and if you are entitled to compensation. You should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can give you legal advice and help protect your rights. Our Las Vegas legal team understands that being an accident victim can be one of the most difficult things you will ever face. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help protect your rights and get you the personal injury settlement that you deserve. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
A rear-end collision is the most common cause of whiplash. However, a car accident can cause numerous injuries. If you are involved in a car accident you should do the following:
- Stop and breathe. An accident can be shocking and scary. Take a deep breath and remain calm.
- Assess the scene. Are you hurt or injured? If so, call 911 and stay where you are until you receive proper medical treatment.
- Call the police. When the police arrive, tell them exactly what happened. If you don’t know or aren’t sure, then don’t speculate or misstate any facts. Do not speculate regarding your injuries. Even after minor accidents, you can sustain a serious or permanent injury. Inform the police if you suspect the other driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Gather information. Limit your dialogue with any other parties. Write down as much as you remember about the accident and the accident scene. Obtain insurance and contact information from the other driver(s). Get the contact information from any witnesses. Make sure you get the contact information from the police officer. Take pictures if possible.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t call 911, you may still need to obtain medical care. Do so immediately.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. An experienced personal injury law firm will be able to walk you through the process of dealing with your potential claims.
Experienced Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been the victim in a car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights. Our personal injury lawyers are experienced at handling all types of car accidents. These accidents include: truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and drunk driver accidents.
Car accident lawyers at our firm offer you the best opportunity to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. It’s okay to inform yourself with some data from the Internet. But when it comes to seeking maximum compensation, you’ll want to put your case in the hands of the experts. The experts at Anthem Injury Lawyers have extensive car accident case experience. We will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. Our law office is located in Henderson and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity.
Please note: Insurance companies are not working with your best interests in mind. Their motivation is to pay out as little as possible. We recommend letting our Las Vegas lawyers represent you as we know how to get you the compensation that you deserve as a car accident victim. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.