Did you notice an abundance of bikes during your morning commute? If you did, it’s because today is National Bike to School Day. If this is the first time you have heard of National Bike to School Day, then this article is for you. Here, we will discuss National Bike to School Day and provide bike to school safety tips to help everyone stay safe.
We hope the below discussion helps your family stay safe on and around bicycles. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas bicycle accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone. Other parties do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim of a Las Vegas bicycle accident. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer with a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Don’t wait to contact our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers. Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in bicycle cases. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
National Bike to School Day
Have you heard of National Bike to School Day? National Bike to School Day is the opportunity for communities across the country to bring attention to and celebrate the benefits of bicycling to school. It’s also an opportunity to discuss bicycling safety. Bicycling to school can have many benefits, including the following:
- Daily physical activity. Bicycling to school is a great form of physical activity. It can help children grow up strong and reduce the risk of childhood obesity.
- Reduce pollution. Bicycling is great for the environment.
- Less traffic. Choosing bikes over vehicles for school commutes can greatly decrease morning and afternoon traffic.
- Encourage bicycle safe communities. The more bike friendly a community is, the more likely children are to ride their bicycles.
- Save money. Bicycling to school can save families money on gas and can save schools money on busing.
- Build communities. Improving bicycling conditions can help bring everyone in the community together. The more time people spend out in their community, the more they can get to know their neighbors.
Bicycling to school offers many benefits. It can also be dangerous. If you or your child is injured in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. We offer years of experience protecting the rights of bicyclists who have become victims in car accidents. Don’t wait–ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve as a victim in a Las Vegas bicycle accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Clark County Participants
In Clark County, 17 schools registered to join the celebration for Bike to School Day 2022. If you live near one of the following schools, be extra alert for children on bikes:
- Andrew Mitchell Elementary School
- Barry & June Gunderson Middle School
- Frank F. Garside Junior High School
- Frank Kim Elementary School
- George E. Harris Elementary School
- Gordon McCaw Elementary School
- JD Smith Middle School
- James Cashman Middle School
- Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School
- Kermit R. Booker Sr. Elementary School
- Kitty McDonough Ward Elementary School
- Matt Kelly Elementary School
- Myrtle Tate Elementary School
- Robert L. Taylor Elementary School
- Sig Rogich Middle School
- Steve Cozine Elementary School
- William E. Orr Middle School
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe biking to school. If you or a family member are the victim of a bicycle accident, contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Bike to School Safety Tips for Riders
We want every child to have a safe bike commute to school. National Bike to School Day is a great time to review the following bicycle safety tips with your family:
- Talk to your child about safe riding behavior. If your child bikes to school, you should regularly discuss safe riding behavior.
- Practice safe riding behavior with your child. Actions speak louder than words. If your child bikes to school, you should regularly ride with them to practice safe riding. If you can’t ride with them during their regular commute, ride with them on the same path on the weekends. Check their route for safety.
- Make sure that everyone wears an appropriate bike helmet. Bike helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by 85 percent when worn correctly.
- Check that the bike fits your child. Do not allow your child to ride a bike that is too big or too small.
- Perform a basic bike check before every ride. A basic bike check includes the air, brakes, and chain.
- Clothing matters. If your child is riding a bike, they should not wear clothes that can easily get caught.
- Stay visible. Encourage your child to wear bright colors and reflective clothing to help drivers see them. You should also use reflectors and lights on your child’s bike to make sure it is visible.
- Pay attention. Children can become easily distracted during their commute to school. Encourage them to pay attention to vehicles and other pedestrians along their path.
- Consider organizing a bike train. A bike train is an organized group made up of children and adults. They ride their bikes to and from school along an established route. It is a great way for families to encourage safe riding behavior. It also helps motorists anticipate bicyclists.
Safety Tips for Drivers
Drivers play an important role in bicycle safety. Use the following safety tips to safely share the road this Bike to School Day and every day:
- Pass safely. When passing, you must move into an adjacent lane to the left if possible. If not, you must pass with at least 3 feet of clearance between your car and the bicycle.
- Yield the right-of-way. In Nevada, drivers must yield the right-of-way to any person riding a bicycle on the pathway or lane.
- Use caution. Remember that young riders are learning and may not always act as expected.
- Pay attention. Put down your cell phone and keep your eyes on the road.
- Slow down. Speeding makes it difficult to safely react to others on the roadway.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above bike to school safety tips help you and your loved ones stay safe. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area bicycle accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights and navigate the complications that come with a bicycle crash.
Sometimes people are unsure if they need an attorney, or if a personal injury attorney can really make a difference in receiving compensation. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys gives you the best opportunity to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Well-meaning friends may tell you that a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas is too expensive. This is not true! We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t have to worry about affordability. Plus, with our extensive bicycle accident case experience, you have the best chance for a positive outcome for your case.
Remember—when it comes to seeking maximum compensation, you’ll want to put your case in the hands of the experts at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We have over 25 years of experience representing Las Vegas accident victims. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.