Attorney Puneet K. Garg is one of the founding partners of Anthem Injury Lawyers. He has vast experience serving various clients with their different needs. Puneet’s representation of clients has included serving as counsel to Fortune 500 companies, large and small healthcare providers, celebrities, large and small businesses, personal injury victims, and individuals needing help with their everyday needs. He has represented clients from all over the world in both state and federal court in Nevada.
Puneet began his career as a lawyer by serving as a judicial law clerk to Judge Bruce A. Markell and Judge Linda B. Riegle with the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada. During this clerkship, Puneet assisted the respective bankruptcy judges with the handling and evaluation of complex issues that were arising as a result of the then-recent implementation of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (commonly known as BAPCPA).
Puneet later moved on to serve as a judicial law clerk to Justice Michael L. Douglas of the Supreme Court of Nevada, where Puneet was responsible for drafting legal memoranda on legal significant issues of first impression and, at the direction of the Supreme Court Justices, drafting published opinions for complex civil and criminal matters.
After completing his clerkships, Puneet became affiliated with one of the largest international law firms in the country and gained extensive experience in a wide range of matters. Puneet later joined a large regional law firm where he continued to build upon his legal experience.
As a trial lawyer, Puneet has won a number of remarkable cases, including a high-profile personal injury trial for a celebrity client. Puneet served as second chair on the case, which concluded in a favorable jury verdict of $1.3 million.
He has also worked as a part of a commercial litigation firm to represent hospitals, medical groups, and physicians in court. Notably, he represented three doctors who’s professional liability carriers refused to tender defense counsel despite the fact that they were facing thousands of pending cases.
Puneet successfully filed a restraining order against the professional liability carrier and effectively restrained it from not tendering defense counsel to the three doctors. Although the doctors were later convicted, Puneet’s commitment to justice secured the plaintiff’s right to representation.
Puneet is not afraid to take on cases that other attorneys have refused to take on. In a wrongful death matter, Puneet was able to secure a settlement of $337,500.00 on behalf of the decedent’s estate and surviving family members after other attorneys had refused to represent these victims.
Over the years, Puneet has also represented numerous medical providers throughout the Las Vegas Valley, which makes him uniquely qualified to aid car accident and other personal injury clients with their healthcare needs during their cases.
SOME CASE RESULTS
- $10 million recovered on behalf of an injured client.
- $1.3 million dollar personal injury jury verdict while serving the second chair at trial on behalf celebrity performer against the Bellagio Hotel and Casino.
- $337,500 settlement in a wrongful death case on behalf of the decedent’s estate and surviving family members.
- Successfully defended group of former employees of a security company from a preliminary injunction being entered, allowing them to continue operating a competing security business with limited restrictions.
- Successfully sought judicial review of a motor vehicle agency decision on behalf of a celebrity client who purportedly had an inappropriate personalized license plate.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- Washington State
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- University of Arizona – Eller College of Management, B.A. Business Admin. (2002)
ACCOLADES AND DISTINCTIONS
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 – Civil Plaintiff
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Rated by Avvo as Top Attorney 10.0 Superb
- Named by Desert Companion Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Litigation
- Named by Vegas Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Professionals
- Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by Asian American Group of Las Vegas
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite Top 150 Attorneys
- Named by Vegas Inc. Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Lawsuits/Disputes
- Inducted in the “100 Hours Club” by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite Top 100 Attorneys
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Top 20 Up and Coming Attorneys
- Consistently ranked as a Rising Star by Mountain States Super Lawyers
- 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- 2020 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2019 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2018 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2017 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2016 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2015 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2014 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2013 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2012 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2011 Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2010 Mountain States Rising Stars
- American Inns of Court – Howard D. McKibben Chapter — Barrister
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada — Former Board Member
- Friends of India – Las Vegas — Former Board Member
- Real Autism Difference — Founding Board Member; Treasurer; and Legal Counsel
- South Asian Bar Association of Las Vegas — Past President
- South Asian Bar Association of North America (SABANA f/k/a NASABA) — Former Board Member
- State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section — Founding Member and Past Treasurer
- Supreme Court of Nevada Liaison Committee, State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section — Past Chair
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law Alumni Association — Former Board Member