A rideshare accident lawyer in Summerlin can help you recover from a Lyft or Uber accident. Rideshare vehicles are very popular, partly because they offer an easy and convenient way of transportation for thousands of people. But with the rise in popularity, car accidents involving rideshare vehicles have become an everyday thing.
If you were involved in a Uber or Lyft accident, you might be entitled to pursue damages from the liable parties or their insurance. Still, there are some things you should know before filing a claim, and an experienced Anthem Injury Law attorney can explain everything in detail in a strategic consultation.
Understanding Rideshare Accidents in Summerlin, Nevada
Uber and Lyft accidents are not the same as private vehicle accidents, and there are many things to consider before filing a claim in Summerlin. For instance, in a rideshare accident, it may be difficult to determine liability since there are many parties that can be involved.
But it is also important to note that the moment of the accident matters because this will determine which insurance is to cover your damages. Rideshare companies’ policies can offer many benefits for drivers, but also for passengers. However, it is necessary to consult an experienced lawyer to access said benefits.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Summerlin, call (702) 857-6000
The Importance of Hiring a Summerlin Rideshare Accident Lawyer
While everyone can file a claim on their own, hiring an experienced attorney may have significant benefits. An experienced Sumerlin rideshare lawyer can explain how the legal system works and answer all your questions about your rideshare accident.
But there are many other things an experienced legal firm can do for you after a car crash in Sumerlin. These are some of the functions of our rideshare attorneys.
Determining Liability for a Rideshare Accident
Rideshares can be more complicated than regular car accidents. The main reason is there are many parties involved, and many of them could share liability. On top of that, it is necessary to file a claim with the right insurance company. Depending on the moment the accident happened during your trip, you may need to work with the rideshare company’s insurance or the driver’s personal policy.
Investigating a Lyft or Uber Accident
Determining liability for an Uber or Lyft accident may be complicated, but in order to do it, your attorney can conduct a private investigation. They can help you gather hard-to-get evidence, such as CCTV footage from nearby stores or traffic cameras, but they can also interview witnesses and use that information to build a strong case.
After determining liability and proving how another party is responsible for your rideshare accident, you also need to demonstrate the impact of your injuries and damages. Your attorney can use your medical and rehabilitation bills and other documents to do it and calculate an appropriate amount you should get in compensation.
Negotiating a Settlement or Suing in Court
Insurance companies can be complicated to negotiate with because they will try to diminish or deny your claim to pay the least amount possible. Your attorney can present a solid case to negotiate a fair settlement, but if it is not possible, they can also represent you in a Nevada court.
Summerlin Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (702) 857-6000
Common Injuries in Summerlin Rideshare Accidents
Car accidents are common in Summerlin, and many users of rideshare vehicles suffer injuries because of that. Damages for car accident injuries can range from superficial to catastrophic, and an experienced car accident lawyer can help you recover compensation to take care of them. Some of the most common injuries our attorneys handle in rideshare accidents are:
- Neck injuries. The most common neck injury is called whiplash and happens when the victim’s head gets violently shaken, for instance, in a car accident.
- Traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury can change a victim’s life and cause coma and disability.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries are considered catastrophic injuries due to the impact they can have on a victim’s life.
- Head injuries. These can include concussions and traumatic brain injuries, which have some of the most expensive medical treatments.
- Broken bones and fractures. Fingers, knees, and elbows can get fractured during a high-speed car accident.
- Internal injuries. It is important to call 911 immediately because many internal injuries can take days or weeks to show symptoms.
- Emotional and psychological injuries. Many rideshare accident victims can develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety after a severe crash.
Click to contact our Southern Nevada Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for a Rideshare Accident in Summerlin
There are many reasons to consult an attorney as soon as possible after a rideshare accident. But the most important reason is the Nevada statute of limitations for rideshare accidents, which is two years. That means you have up to two years to file a claim for damages. However, the sooner you take legal action, the better.
It is important to understand your attorney needs time to gather evidence, build a strong case, and negotiate a financial settlement with insurance companies. Reaching an agreement can be more convenient than filing a legal claim, but you only have that option if you have enough time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Summerlin
Many injuries in car accidents can be devastating for the victims, and the severity usually depends on the cause of the accident. Our Anthem Injury Law attorneys have helped hundreds of clients to recover compensation in rideshare accidents caused by:
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is one of the main causes of road accidents. The most common way drivers get distracted is by texting or using their phones while driving.
- Driver fatigue. Driving while fatigued is one of the main causes of truck accidents, but many rideshare drivers can do it too.
- Reckless driving. Some Uber or Lyft drivers show no regard for their passenger’s well-being and drive recklessly, which also can cause accidents.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Rideshare drivers must comply with strict regulations. And if an accident was caused by a lack of maintenance, Uber and Lyft can be liable.
- Inadequate background check. When a rideshare company does not perform an adequate background check, your driver can be reckless and unpredictable and cause accidents.
Contact a Summerlin Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
A Summerlin rideshare accident can help you determine who is liable after an accident on an Uber or Lyft vehicle. But most importantly, they can help you recover damages for your injuries and property damage, which can be vital since many of those injuries are complicated, painful, and expensive to heal.
An Anthem Injury lawyer is ready to answer all your questions and defend your rights. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys can explain everything about your legal claim in a first consultation, where we can evaluate your damages and help you take the necessary steps to reach a financial recovery. Contact us today, and let’s start with your case.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form