Halloween promises to be an exciting holiday this year. Although it falls on a Monday, many people are choosing to begin their celebrations this weekend. If you and your family plan to celebrate Halloween, we want you to be safe. Read on as we provide our top Halloween safety tips!
We hope the below tips help you stay safe this Halloween. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Our Top Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is a fun-filled holiday for adults and children alike. It can also be a nerve-racking time when it comes to safety. Below are our top Halloween safety tips.
Drive With Care
You should always drive with care. During holidays you should be especially cautious. Use the following safety tips if you are on the road this Halloween:
- Buckle up. If you have to choose between your costume and a seat belt, choose your seat belt.
- Pay attention. Avoid the temptation to look at Halloween decorations and costumes while driving. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents. Keep your eyes and mind focused on the task of safe driving.
- Drive sober. If you plan on drinking, do not plan on driving home. Make alternate arrangements for a sober ride or plan to stay at your location for the night.
- Slow down. If you are driving in areas where children or adults may be present, you should slow down. Pedestrians may not behave as you expect, especially on Halloween night.
- Stay alert. During Halloween and Halloween weekend you should look out for pedestrians everywhere.
- Be patient. If you plan on driving on Halloween practice patience with other drivers and pedestrians.
Even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area car accident, consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers that offers the expertise you need when pursuing a personal injury claim. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
Wearing a costume is one of the many things that adults and children look forward to on Halloween. When selecting a costume, keep the following in mind:
- Keep eyes clear. Avoid non-prescription contact lenses. Non-prescription contact lenses can be dangerous for eyes. Make sure that eyes can clearly see when covered by a mask or costume. Avoid masks that impede visibility. Experiment with face paint in lieu of a mask.
- Enhance costume visibility. It is important to both see and be seen. If you or your child are going to walk around on Halloween, then you should enhance costume visibility. This includes bright costumes or adding lights and reflective tape.
- Ensure costumes are safe for pedestrians. Costumes should not restrict movement and should not get in the way of safe walking. Make sure costumes fit properly and cannot cause the wearer to trip. Wear comfy shoes that fit.
If your children are planning on trick-or-treating or if you are planning on attending a Halloween party, keep the following in mind:
- An adult should always accompany children trick-or-treating. Do not let children go out alone.
- Stay visible. If you are going out on Halloween, only travel in well-lit areas. You can increase your visibility with reflective tape, flashlights, glow sticks, and headlamps. Traveling in a group can also increase your visibility.
- Practice basic pedestrian safety. This includes obeying pedestrian signals, walking on sidewalks, using crosswalks, and using caution in parking lots and driveways.
- Pay attention. There is usually a lot going on during Halloween night. Pay attention to what you are doing and where you are going. Keep your eyes focused on what you are doing and off of your cell phone.
- Do not assume drivers see you. Always stop and make eye contact with a driver before proceeding.
- Avoid areas with lots of traffic. On Halloween, children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed than on any other day of the year. Keep your children safe by keeping them away from traffic.
If you or a loved one are injured by a Las Vegas driver this Halloween, seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. Insurance companies don’t work in your best interests. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers do. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
If you are worried about your family’s safety while trick-or-treating, consider a safe and fun alternative. There are a lot of safe and fun family-friendly activities in the Las Vegas area. Many local organizations offer alternatives to traditional trick-or-treating like trunk-or-treat or indoor celebrations.
Anthem Injury Lawyers is a proud sponsor of HallOVeen at the Magical Forest. This family friendly event is open through Halloween. You can find more information on this eerie-sistible event here.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above tips help you safely celebrate Halloween. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.