Is 2020 the Worst Year Ever for Nevada Driver Safety?
In Nevada, there have been 224 traffic-related fatalities year to date. A six percent increase from 2019. This increase is troubling considering that there were several months out of the year when fewer drivers were on the road due to COVID-19. In response, Zero Fatalities recently announced the launch of its “Worst Year Ever” safety campaign. The safety campaign encourages drivers to not make 2020 the worst year ever for Nevada driver safety. It focuses on five of the deadliest driving behaviors based on recent crash data: impairment, occupant protection, speeding, motorcycle safety, and pedestrian safety. Below we will ask you questions about these driving behaviors.
We hope these questions help you stay safe on Nevada roads. If a driver injures you in an accident, seek medical help. Once you have sought medical care, seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. We offer years of experience representing clients who have been victims in Las Vegas area car accidents. This area of the law is a specialty of ours; you will receive the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
Do You Drive Sober?
Did you know that impaired driving is the number one cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities? In Nevada, Clark County is the most dangerous county for impaired driving. If you suspect an impaired driver, call 911.
If you plan to consume alcohol, drugs, or prescription medications:
- Do not drive.
- Designate a sober driver.
- Call a ride share service, taxi, or use public transit.
Contact an experienced Las Vegas lawyer if you are the victim of an impaired driver. Anthem Injury Lawyers has experienced drunk driving accident lawyers who are ready to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Do You Know How to Protect Your Occupants?
Seat belts save lives. Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash. Did you know that 22 percent of Nevada’s total fatalities are unbelted? If you buckle up you reduce the risk of getting seriously injured or dying in a crash by 50 percent.
- Wear your seat belt anytime you are in a vehicle.
- If you have a child, use the child seat every time. For additional tips on how to keep your child safe, see our article on car seat safety.
Even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If another driver injures you, contact the team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. We can come to you if you are injured and cannot come in to our Las Vegas area law office. Take advantage of a free case analysis with our car accident lawyers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Do You Know How to Avoid the Dangers of Speeding?
Speeding is involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. In Nevada, speeding is illegal and punishment can include fines and penalties. Unfortunately, a decrease in drivers on the road due to COVID-19 may have increased the number of speeding drivers. If you encounter a speeding driver, use the following tips to stay safe:
- If you are in the left lane and the car wants to pass, safely move over to the right lane.
- Give a speeding car plenty of space. Speeding vehicles are more difficult to control and may cause an accident.
- If the driver is being aggressive, remain calm. Do not engage. Safely steer your vehicle out of the way of the aggressive driver.
If a speeding driver injures you, consult with an experienced car accident lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers are an experienced team of car accident lawyers. We handle complex issues including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Do You Practice Motorcycle Safety?
Motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in traffic crashes. In 2018, 59 riders lost their lives on Nevada’s roadways while riding a motorcycle.
Motorcycle Safety for Riders
Motorcycle safety is everybody’s responsibility. Motorcyclists and drivers share responsibility on the road. Safe riding can reduce the number of accidents, injuries, and fatalities on the roads. Below are tips from the Nevada DMV Motorcycle Handbook to help motorcyclists safely share the road:
- Pick a motorcycle that is right for you.
- Ensure proper motorcycle equipment.
- Wear protective gear.
- Know and obey all rules of the road.
- Take a motorcycle safety course.
- Ride sober.
- Maintain your distance on the roadway.
- Prepare for crash avoidance.
- Understand how to handle dangerous surfaces.
- Know how to handle mechanical problems.
- Avoid animals.
- Anticipate flying objects.
- Practice safely getting off the road.
- Carry passengers and cargo responsibly.
- Practice safe group riding.
Even the safest rider can be injured on a motorcycle. If you or a loved one are injured in a motorcycle accident anywhere in Nevada, seek medical help immediately. If you have been injured on your motorcycle in a vehicle accident caused by another, Anthem Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers offer you the best opportunity to win your case and the compensation you deserve. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
Motorcycle Safety for Drivers
Drivers are also responsible for motorcycle safety. Drivers should stay aware of unique conditions that apply to motorcyclists to safely share the road. The following are tips from the Nevada DMV to help drivers safely share the road:
- When the road is wet or it is raining, allow extra following distance.
- Motorcyclists have the right to their own traffic lane.
- Dim your headlights when approaching a motorcycle.
- Leave plenty of space when approaching a motorcycle from behind.
- If you are changing lanes or turning, know where the motorcycle is located. Left turns in front of a motorcycle account for 46 percent of multi-vehicle fatal crashes.
If a motorcycle accident injures you or a loved one, consult with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers are an experienced team of motorcycle accident lawyers. We are located in Henderson and handle personal injury cases in Las Vegas and vicinity. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Are You Pedestrian Smart?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that pedestrian deaths in motor-vehicle-related crashes have increased over the past 10 years. Even more troubling for Nevada residents, Nevada ranks among the worst states for pedestrian deaths. Pedestrian safety involves both drivers and walkers.
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Drivers
Drivers can help avoid pedestrian accidents by following driving laws and doing the following:
- Pay attention.
- Proceed with caution and never speed.
- Drive alert.
- Obey all signs and signals.
- Drive sober.
- Never pass a stopped car.
Has a Las Vegas driver injured you? It is important to work with a Las Vegas lawyer who can manage all the issues involved in a complex pedestrian accident case. Anthem Injury Lawyers have experienced pedestrian accident lawyers who are ready to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Walkers
Did you know that 76 percent of pedestrian fatalities occur after dark? This increases the need for pedestrian night safety. Pedestrians can stay safe by following pedestrian laws and doing the following:
- Stay colorful by wearing bright or reflective materials.
- Use a crosswalk where possible. Sixty-three percent of pedestrian fatalities occur where there is no crosswalk.
- Use lights to stay visible at night.
- Obey pedestrian signals.
- Stay alert and avoid using electronic devices or headphones.
- Travel in well-lit areas.
- Make sure drivers see you before walking in front of the vehicle.
- Use caution in parking lots and driveways.
If a vehicle injures you as a pedestrian, seek medical help immediately. Once you have received medical care, consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope 2020 isn’t the worst year ever for you. If it is and you are injured by a Nevada driver, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can give you legal advice and help protect your rights. Our Las Vegas legal team understands that being an accident victim can be one of the most difficult things you will ever face. As you deal with injuries and wonder how to navigate the system, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced lawyer. You don’t have to worry about affordability. We don’t get paid unless you win. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers offer you the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of accident cases including: car accidents, motorcycle accidents, drunk driver accidents, and pedestrian accidents. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.