Andrew Bennett, with the Nevada Office of Traffic Safety, just announced that “2021 is the deadliest year in the last 13 years on our roadways.” How is that possible? Below we will discuss the top causes of roadway fatalities in Nevada. We will also discuss what can drivers do to make the roads safer.
With 2022 just around the corner, we hope the below discussion helps you make smart choices on the road. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you do not want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. You need an experienced car accident lawyer to put you in the best position to get the compensation you deserve as an accident victim. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas car accident victims. This translates to a superior track record of success for our clients.
Don’t wait to contact our Las Vegas car accident lawyers. Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Top Causes of 2021 Roadway Fatalities in Nevada
This year has been a deadly year for Nevadans. By the end of November 2021, Nevada had already reported 349 fatalities. According to the Nevada Departments of Public Safety and Transportation, that is a 20 percent increase from last year and a 25 percent increase from 2019.
What are the top causes of these fatalities and, more importantly, what can be done to prevent any more lost lives? The top causes are impairment and speeding. Below we will discuss these causes as well as prevention tips.
In Nevada, impaired driving is the leading cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities. Drivers can be impaired by alcohol, drugs, and even medication. While the impact varies by substance, the following are ways that your driving can be impaired:
- Slow reaction time
- Blurred vision
- Inability to focus
- Reduced coordination
- Lack of information processing capability
- Inability to maintain lane position and brake appropriately
You have a responsibility to drive sober. Use the following tips to make sure that you get home safely:
- Plan ahead. Decide how you will get to and from events where there are alcohol and/or drugs.
- Communicate. Talk to your friends and loved ones about the dangers of impaired driving. Work together to make sure nobody drives impaired.
- Talk to your doctor. If you take medication, talk to your doctor to understand how it may impact your driving. Additionally, ask your doctor how your medication may interact with alcohol and/or drugs.
- Look out for each other. If you think another driver is impaired, call the police.
The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that even the most cautious driver can be injured in a car accident. If an impaired driver has injured you, it’s important that you seek experienced legal representation. Our car accident lawyers serve the Las Vegas area with the knowledge and expertise to help you gain maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Speeding has historically been a leading cause of traffic fatalities in Nevada. Speed accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic deaths in Nevada.
For many drivers it is tempting to push down on the gas pedal, especially when they are in a rush. However, even a little bit of speed can have disastrous consequences. Driving at high speeds increases the risk of crashes and influences the severity of crash injuries. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, speeding influences the risk of crashes and crash injuries in the following ways:
- It increases the distance a vehicle travels from the time a driver detects an emergency to the time the driver reacts.
- It increases the distance needed to stop a vehicle once the driver starts to brake.
- It increases the risk that an evasive steering maneuver will result in loss of control.
Are you one of the many Nevada drivers that whizzes by the other cars on the road? If you are, then it is time to put a stop to your speeding habit. Avoid speeding by doing the following:
- Follow the law. Obey Nevada speed laws and drive at a reasonable and safe speed.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Many drivers report that they speed because they are “running late.” You are responsible for your own time management. Plan ahead so that you are not tempted to speed. Do you often find yourself on the road and running late? Simply take a deep breath, acknowledge that speeding will not help your situation, and drive in a safe manner.
- Use your cruise control. One of the simplest ways to avoid speeding is to use your cruise control. When possible, set your cruise control to a safe speed.
If a speeding driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. We work on a contingency basis, so you don’t have to worry about upfront fees. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada, and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. Contact us today at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above information helps you make safe driving choices. If another driver injures you or a loved one, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area car accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. Plus, you won’t have to worry about affordability—we don’t get paid unless we win your Las Vegas car accident case.
While you need to choose a Las Vegas car accident lawyer promptly, we recommend you do so with care. Your choice of a car accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. If you want the best car accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you, you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.