Every year, the National Coalition for Safer Roads spreads the word about the dangers of red light running. This year, Stop on Red Week is August 7 through August 13. Stop on Red Week is a time to focus on making our roads safer for everyone. Here, we discuss the dangers of red light running and provide Stop on Red Week tips.
We hope the below discussion helps you stay safe on the road. If a driver runs a red light and injures you in a Las Vegas area accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
RED LIGHT RUNNING NUMBERS
It can be tempting to coast through a red light. Especially if you are in a hurry. However, the choice to run a red light can have disastrous and even deadly consequences. Consider the numbers from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety below:
- In 2020, 928 people were killed in crashes that involved red light running. Half of those killed were pedestrians, bicyclists and people in other vehicles who were hit by the red light runners.
- In 2020, an estimated 115,741 people were injured in red light running crashes.
Red light running is not a recent phenomenon. Consider the following numbers from earlier years:
- In 2019, nearly 850 people died due to red light running crashes.
- Red light running is the leading cause of urban crashes in the United States.
- In 2019, more than 5 million drivers received a red light running violation.
- Nearly 85 percent of drivers say it is unacceptable to run red lights. However, that doesn’t seem to stop drivers. Of those surveyed, nearly 26 percent admitted to doing so in the past 30 days.
Nevada Red Light Running Numbers
Nevadans are not immune to the dangers of red light running. In Nevada, in just five years:
- At least 495 people lost their lives in intersection-related crashes
- More than 2,000 people were injured in intersection-related crashes
It is also troubling to note in Nevada:
- Intersection crashes represent 31.2 percent of Nevada’s crashes
- Forty-two percent of fatal intersection crashes involved a vehicle hitting another vehicle at an angle
- Males ages 21 to 25 were the largest reported age group of at-fault drivers in fatal intersection crashes
If a driver running a red light injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer. An experienced car accident lawyer will understand the complexities of a red light running crash. The lawyers at Anthem Injury Lawyers have years of personal injury law experience. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
The Most Dangerous States for Red Light Running
Are you traveling this summer? Proceed with caution if you are driving in any of the states listed below. The following states are the top 10 most dangerous states for red light running:
- New York
We hope this information helps you remain extra vigilant when you are traveling this summer. If another driver runs a red light and injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. You need Las Vegas car accident lawyers with a proven track record of winning top compensation for their clients. The experienced legal team at Anthem Injury Lawyers of Las Vegas can help you protect your rights. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
STOP ON RED WEEK TIPS
Stopping on red is important. You can save a life by following the below Stop on Red Week tips:
- Follow the law. For more information, see our article on Nevada red light laws and check out some of Nevada’s red light laws below.
- Slow down. Speeding is dangerous and often goes hand-in-hand with red light running.
- Use caution. Proceed with caution when you are approaching an intersection.
- Look out for others. Look both ways before entering an intersection.
- Stop on red. Make a complete stop at all traffic signals and stop signs.
- Use your signal. Always use your turn signal when changing lanes or making a turn.
Nevada Red Light Laws
- When approaching a steady red signal, drivers must come to a complete stop.
- Unless otherwise posted, you can turn right on a red light after coming to a full stop. You must be in the extreme right-hand lane. You must yield to pedestrians and all traffic moving through the intersection.
- When approaching an intersection with a flashing yellow arrow, you must yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians. The vehicle may then cautiously enter the intersection to make a turn indicated by the arrow.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope you always stop on red. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident.
It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.