Are you commuting to work? If you are then Friday is the day to get your bike out of the garage and snap on your helmet because it is National Bike to Work Day! Bike to Work Day is celebrated during National Bike Month. Whether you are a cyclist or driver, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss National Bike to Work Day and provide bike to work safety tips to help everyone stay safe.
We hope the below discussion helps you stay safe on and around bicycles. If a driver injures you in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas bicycle accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone. Other parties do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim of a Las Vegas bicycle accident. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer with a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Don’t wait to contact our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers. Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in bicycle cases. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
National Bike to Work Day
Have you heard of National Bike to Work Day? National Bike to Work Day is the opportunity for communities across the country to bring attention to and celebrate the benefits of bicycling to work. It’s also an opportunity to discuss bicycling safety. Bicycling to work can have many benefits, including the following:
- Improved physical fitness. Bicycling to work (or anywhere) is a great form of physical activity. It can help you improve your physical fitness and overall physical health.
- Improved mental health. Being outside and getting physical activity is important for mental health. When you ride a bike, your brain benefits as well as your body. It can also make the commute fun! Biking to work can change the commute for the better. Two wheels give you the opportunity to enjoy the scenery and recharge your batteries.
- Fuel savings. If you are riding a bike instead of driving a car you are going to save fuel costs. With rising fuel costs this can have a dramatic impact on your budget.
- Reduced pollution. When you choose a bike over a car, you are reducing pollution.
- Improved bicycle safety. The more people use bicycles as transportation, the more communities will focus on bicycle safety. Bicycle safe communities are important for everyone.
- Build communities. Communities are built by people. People who are out and about in their community get to know their neighbors and local businesses. Seeing and knowing each other helps to strengthen community bonds.
Bicycling to work offers many benefits. It can also be dangerous. That’s why we are discussing safety in the next sections. If you are injured in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. We offer years of experience protecting the rights of bicyclists who have become victims in car accidents. Don’t wait—ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve as a victim in a Las Vegas bicycle accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Bike to Work Safety Tips for Cyclists
A majority of vehicle trips take place within a few miles of the home. These trips are a great opportunity to use a bicycle, especially if the trips are your work commute. We want you to have a safe bike commute. National Bike to Work Day is a great time to review the following bicycle safety tips:
- Protect your head with an appropriate bike helmet. Bike helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by 85 percent when worn correctly. Bike helmet safety is about more than wearing a helmet. An appropriate bike helmet should be the right size, have the correct fit, and be CPSC certified.
- Stay visible. Wear bright colors and reflective clothing to help drivers see you. Make sure your bike is visible with reflectors and lights.
- Choose a bike-friendly route. A bike-friendly route has dedicated bike lanes and low vehicle traffic. An ideal bike route would be on a separate bike trail away from traffic.
- Perform a basic bike check before every ride. A basic bike check includes the air, brakes, and chain.
- Practice safe riding behavior. Safe riding behavior includes being predictable and riding defensively.
- Follow the law. Nevada has bicycle laws that riders must follow. These laws help keep both riders and drivers safe.
- Pay attention. An important part of safe riding behavior is paying attention. Keep your hands on the handlebars and your eyes and mind on the task of safe riding.
Even the safest cyclist can be injured by a driver. If a Nevada driver injures you during your bicycle work commute, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. We offer years of experience protecting the rights of bicyclists who have become victims in car accidents. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Bike to Work Safety Tips for Drivers
Drivers play a crucial role in bicycle safety. During National Bike to Work Day—and everyday—it is important that you safely share the road. Remember the following whenever you see a person on the bicycle:
- Pay attention. If you are distracted you are less likely to anticipate a bicyclist’s actions. Put down your cell phone and keep your eyes on the road.
- Slow down. Speeding makes it difficult to safely react to others on the roadway.
- Review Nevada’s bicycle laws. Nevada’s bicycle laws are meant to keep everyone safe. Review the laws so that you know how to act around bicyclists and can anticipate how bicyclists are going to act.
- Pass safely. When passing a person on a bike you must move into an adjacent lane to the left if possible. If not, you must pass with at least three feet of clearance between your car and the bicycle.
- Yield the right-of-way. In Nevada, drivers must yield the right-of-way to any person riding a bicycle on the pathway or lane.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above bike to work safety tips help you safely commute. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area bicycle accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights and navigate the complications that come with a bicycle crash.
Sometimes people are unsure if they need an attorney, or if a personal injury attorney can really make a difference in receiving compensation. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys gives you the best opportunity to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Well-meaning friends may tell you that a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas is too expensive. This is not true! We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t have to worry about affordability. Plus, with our extensive bicycle accident case experience, you have the best chance for a positive outcome for your case.
Remember—when it comes to seeking maximum compensation, you’ll want to put your case in the hands of the experts at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We have over 25 years of experience representing Las Vegas accident victims. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.