As the weather gets warmer, more and more people are looking for activities that keep them cool. In the Las Vegas area, many people choose to participate in recreational boating in nearby Lake Las Vegas or Lake Mead. This increase in people on the water, leads to an increase in boat accidents.
If you are ever involved in a boat accident, here is what you should do.
Get Medical Attention
If the boat is still afloat and you are aboard, check to see who needs help. If anyone has fallen overboard, try to assist the victim back onto the boat. If the boat is damaged or sinking, put on a life jacket to help you stay afloat if you don’t already have one on.
Contact the U.S. Coast Guard to let them know what happened, the location of the accident, and about any serious injuries and medical assistance that is necessary. Administer first aid to anyone who may need it.
Later, after you are out of harm’s way and back on land, it is a good idea to see your doctor for medical care. Even if you don’t think that you are injured, it is a good idea to get checked out.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Gather Information About Accident
Once everyone is out of immediate danger, you should obtain important information from any other vessels that were involved in the accident and any witnesses.
Information that you should gather includes:
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the boat operators and passengers of the boats that were involved in the crash
- Names and contact information for all eyewitnesses
- Registration information or identification number of any boat involved in the accident
- Boat owners’ names, insurance company names, and insurance policy numbers for the boats that were involved in the crash
- Photographs of any property damage and the location of the accident
Experienced Boat Accident Attorneys
Were you or a loved one injured or killed in a boating accident in the Las Vegas area? You may have a valid personal injury claim or wrongful death claim and should seek the advice of an experienced Boat Accident Lawyer.
Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-0000 to schedule a Free Consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form