Pedestrian Safety Tips
It is a dangerous and deadly time to be a pedestrian in Las Vegas. Pedestrian fatalities have already surpassed 2019 totals for the year. Pedestrians and drivers must look out for each other. Together, we can help prevent accidents with pedestrian safety. Below we will discuss pedestrian safety tips for both drivers and pedestrians.
If a Las Vegas driver injures you as a pedestrian, seek medical help immediately. Once you have gotten your injuries tended to, you should seek legal help from an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers ready to help you with your case. We offer aggressive representation to help you gain the significant compensation you deserve for your injuries from your Las Vegas accident case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Nevada Pedestrian Fatalities
2020 has been a deadly year for pedestrians. Last week it was reported that a young mother and her two children were struck by a motorist in a central Las Vegas intersection. The crash killed the young mother. That same week, it was reported that a 51-year-old Las Vegas woman died just days after she was hit by a car in east Las Vegas. She was reportedly hit by a vehicle while crossing the road in a marked crosswalk.
The frequency of Las Vegas pedestrian fatalities may cause you to wonder if pedestrian fatalities are increasing throughout Nevada. Nevada Traffic Safety Crash Facts reports the following:
- In 2018, there were 79 pedestrian fatalities in Nevada.
- From 2014 to 2018, the number of pedestrian fatalities and fatal crashes generally increased. A total of 387 fatalities and 376 fatal pedestrian crashes occurred on Nevada roadways.
- Between 2014 and 2018, nearly 90 percent of fatal pedestrian crashes occurred on urban roadways.
- Clark County had the highest number of fatal pedestrian crashes in Nevada.
A pedestrian crash is dangerous and can be deadly. If a driver injures you as a pedestrian, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. We’ve represented scores of Las Vegas car accident victims and got them significant compensation for their injuries. We can do the same for you. Don’t wait to speak to our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers. Time is of the essence: set up your case review with us so we can let you know if you have a good case and how we’ll pursue it aggressively on your behalf. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Drivers
Nevada drivers have a responsibility to exercise care to avoid pedestrian accidents. Drivers should use the below safety tips to help reduce their chance of a pedestrian accident:
- Expect pedestrians. Always look for pedestrians. Especially near intersections, parks, parking lots, neighborhoods, and schools.
- Pedestrians can be anywhere. 63 percent of pedestrian fatalities occur where there is no crosswalk.
- Be vigilant at night. It is more difficult to see pedestrians in the dark.
- Drive sober. Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Proceed with caution. Especially when turning or driving through a crosswalk.
- Slow down. Obey posted speed limits. Be mindful in school zones and other areas where children are present.
- Look before backing up. Make sure there are no pedestrians in your path.
- Never pass a vehicle that is stopped at a crosswalk. There may be pedestrians in the crosswalk that you can’t see.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Approach crosswalks with caution.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving is deadly driving. Avoid doing anything that takes your attention off the road.
- Be cautious in poor weather conditions. Snow and heavy rain can make pedestrians difficult to see and can make it difficult for drivers to stop.
- Left turns can be dangerous. Drivers should expect crossing pedestrians when making left turns.
- Obey the law. Review our article on Nevada Pedestrian Laws for Drivers.
If a Nevada driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. If another driver injures you, get in touch with our lawyers who will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for your injuries. Please note: it can be quite complex dealing with insurance companies yourself as they are not motivated to help you. You need a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer that’s on your side. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
Did you know that 80 percent of pedestrian deaths happen from dusk to dawn? Pedestrians become less visible to drivers at night. Pedestrians should always be vigilant, especially at night. Use the following tips to increase visibility and stay safe as a pedestrian:
- Be colorful. Wear bright or reflective materials.
- Use lights at night. Carry a flashlight, headlamp, or other light source to stay visible.
- Obey pedestrian signals. Obeying traffic signals helps drivers look for and see pedestrians.
- Stay alert. Avoid using electronic devices or headphones.
- Use crosswalks. The majority of pedestrian fatalities occur between intersections.
- Travel in well-lit areas. Not all streets have crosswalks or safe intersections. Try to use areas that have the most lighting.
- Make sure drivers see you. Do not assume a driver sees you. Drivers and pedestrians share a responsibility to see and be seen. Make eye contact with drivers and make sure the driver sees you before walking in front of the vehicle.
- Use caution in parking lots and driveways. Drivers tend to be even less cautious leaving driveways and parking lots. At night this can be especially dangerous.
- Stay sober. Alcohol and drugs do not impact your visibility. However, alcohol and drugs can impair your coordination and judgment. These substances make it more likely that you will not obey the rules of the road.
- Obey the law. Review our article on Nevada Pedestrian Laws for Pedestrians.
We hope these tips help you stay safe as a pedestrian. If a Las Vegas driver injures you, seek medical help immediately. Once you receive proper medical treatment, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. Should you be severely injured or otherwise unable to visit us at our office, our Las Vegas car accident lawyers can come to you. Now is the best time to schedule a meeting with us to review your Las Vegas accident case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Have you been injured in a Las Vegas pedestrian accident? You should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers based in Henderson, Nevada. With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims, including complex pedestrian accidents. We offer a powerful combination of expertise, experience and aggressive action – just what you need to win your Las Vegas personal injury case.
Trying to fight against insurance companies yourself is not recommended. Get the experts on your side and have us work for you to gain maximum compensation for your injuries. Our experienced team is ready to help you through the legal process. Insurance companies are not motivated to help you. We will protect your rights and get you the compensation you are rightly due. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis so you don’t have to worry about affording a Las Vegas car accident lawyer. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation. If you’re severely injured or otherwise not able to visit our office, we will come to you.