Have You Heard of “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over”?
Have you noticed an increased law enforcement presence on the road? That could be because of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s annual Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over high-visibility enforcement campaign. The campaign runs from August 18, 2021 to September 6, 2021. It aims to educate people about the dangers and consequences of driving drunk. Below we will discuss the dangers of drunk driving. We will also provide tips to prevent drunk driving.
We hope the below information helps you make safe driving decisions. If you are injured by a drunk driver, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas car accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. You need an experienced car accident lawyer to represent you, so you can win the compensation you deserve. Just any Las Vegas lawyer won’t provide you with the necessary expertise to help ensure you win your car accident case. Your Las Vegas car accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. That is exactly what Anthem Injury Lawyers offers you.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Allow your Las Vegas lawyer the advantage of sufficient time to build your case, so you have the best chance at a positive outcome. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Now is the right time to contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
The Dangers of Drunk Driving
Why is it important to drive sober? Drunk driving impacts everyone on the road. Consider the following drunk driving numbers:
- Every day, about 28 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes—that’s one person every 52 minutes.
- Impaired driving is the number one cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- Approximately one-third of all traffic crash fatalities in the United States involve drunk drivers.
- In 2019, there were 10,142 people killed in drunk driving crashes.
- In 2018, 133 people died on Nevada roadways in impaired driving crashes.
- Holiday weekends are especially dangerous. In 2019, there were 451 traffic crash deaths during the Labor Day holiday weekend. Of those crashes, 45 percent involved drivers who had been drinking and 38 percent involved a drunk driver.
The Effects of Alcohol On Driving
How exactly does alcohol impact driving? It depends on many factors. A person’s alcohol level is measured by the weight of the alcohol in a certain volume of blood. This is called blood alcohol concentration, or BAC. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has a chart detailing blood alcohol concentrations (BAC) and predictable effects on driving. Information from the chart is provided below:
- BAC .02 Decline in visual functions, decline in ability to perform two tasks at the same time
- BAC .05 Reduced coordination, reduced ability to track moving objects, difficulty steering, reduced response to emergency driving situations
- BAC .08 Reduced concentration, short-term memory loss, lack of speed control, reduced information processing capability, impaired perception
- BAC .10 Reduced ability to maintain lane position and brake appropriately
- BAC .15 Substantial impairment in vehicle control, attention to driving task, and in necessary visual and auditory information processing
If a drunk driver has injured you in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. Ensure that you have Las Vegas car accident lawyers who know how to win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Nevada’s DUI Laws
You now know that any amount of alcohol can impact your thinking, reasoning, and muscle coordination. Did you know that in every state, it is illegal to drive drunk? In Nevada, it is unlawful to drive with a concentration of alcohol of .08 or more in your blood or breath. The limit is .04 in commercial driving.
Tips to Prevent Drunk Driving
Drunk driving is preventable. You must drive sober or get pulled over. If you are concerned about drunk driving, use the following tips to prevent drunk driving:
- Discuss the risks of drunk driving with friends before you drink.
- Offer to be a designated driver.
- Appoint a designated driver to take all car keys.
- Get a ride to and from parties where there is alcohol and/or drugs.
- If you drink, do not drive. Call a taxi, a ride-hailing service, or a sober friend. You can also choose to stay where you are if it is a safe location.
- Do not let a drunk friend drive. Take away their keys.
- If you think another driver is impaired, call the police.
If you have been in an accident with an alcohol-impaired driver, contact the police and get medical help immediately. Let the police know that you suspect the other driver was impaired. The police may administer a portable breath test to determine if the driver is above the legal blood alcohol limit. They may also administer a standardized field sobriety test. The police report and any test results can be important evidence in supporting your case.
Once you’ve received medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers for assistance with handling the details of your drunk driving accident case. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers offer you years of experience winning cases against impaired drivers. Some people may tell you that you don’t need a Las Vegas car accident lawyer. After representing clients against all types of impaired drivers, we can assure you that our attorneys offer you the best opportunity to receive a positive outcome in your case. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will give you the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation for your injuries. Time is of the essence. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If a drunk driver injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area car accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that our lawyers do not get paid unless they win your case.
Your choice of a car accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. Now is the time to select an attorney who offers a winning track record in Las Vegas car accident cases. Get our experts working for you, so you can have the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.