Despite historic high gas prices, Americans are still taking road trips this spring. Clark County School District spring break officially began on Friday. If you and your family are planning on hitting the road this week, then this article is for you! Read on as we provide our top spring break road trip tips.
We hope the below spring break road trip tips help keep you and your family safe. If a driver injures you or your loved ones in a spring break car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Our Top Spring Break Road Trip Tips
Spring break is a great time to create lasting family memories. Many families use the week to take road trips near and far. If you are planning a road trip this spring break, stay safe with our spring break road trips tips.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Perform Routine Vehicle Maintenance
Before any road trip, it is important to perform routine vehicle maintenance. Performing basic vehicle maintenance before you leave can prevent unexpected delays and dangerous driving conditions. Your vehicle maintenance checklist should include the following:
- Oil – Check your car’s oil to keep the engine running well.
- Brakes – Inspect your vehicle’s brakes and address any brake issues before you leave.
- Windshield/windows – Keep your vehicle’s windshield and windows free of dirt and cracks which impact visibility. Remember to fill up the windshield fluid reservoir.
- Wiper blades – Replace damaged wiper blades.
- Engine air filter – Inspect your engine air filter and replace it if necessary.
- Tires – Proper tire maintenance is important to driving safely. Check your tire tread depth, ensure proper balance and alignment, and rotate as recommended.
- Lights – Make sure all lights and signals are in proper working order including your headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and fog lights.
- Battery – Check your battery and charging system.
Check the Weather
Spring weather is unpredictable and can change dramatically in a matter of minutes. Extreme weather can impact your safety while driving. If you are leaving Las Vegas, you should check the weather for your planned route and at your destination. Proceed with caution if you are going to encounter any of the following:
- Extreme heat
- High wind
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Plan Your Route
Plan your driving route before you leave. Try to avoid driving when there is heavy traffic or through construction areas. Make sure to include plenty of rest stops. Rest stops help drivers stay alert and keep passengers happy. If you are concerned about gas prices, you can check gas prices on your route to plan for optimal gas stops.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Look Out for Others
During spring break, there are always a lot of people out and about. This means that there will be more pedestrians, vehicles, recreational vehicles, bicycles, and young children. Look out for others while you are on the road. Be especially cautious in parking lots where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic.
Practice Safe Driving
You should always practice safe driving. Safe driving helps to protect you, your passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers on the road. When you get behind the wheel, it is important to do the following:
- Buckle up – Ensure passengers are properly restrained.
- Pay attention – Focus on driving. Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Drive sober – Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are taking medication, make sure that it won’t interfere with your driving.
- Stay awake – Do not get behind the wheel if you are drowsy. Avoid planning a road trip that requires you to drive all night after being awake all day.
- Drive the speed limit – Speeding is dangerous. Make sure that you follow all posted speed limits.
- Stop on red – Coming to a complete stop and looking both ways prevents accidents and saves lives.
Proceed with Caution in Work Zones
The start of spring also means the start of road construction. Work zones can be dangerous for drivers and passengers, especially when you are driving on unfamiliar roads. If you are driving in work zones, do the following:
- Abide by the posted speed limit
- Follow all posted signs
- Give other drivers plenty of space
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay calm
- Pay attention
Enjoy the Ride
Whether your spring break road trip is about the journey or the destination, we encourage you to enjoy the ride. Try to plan a road trip that is both safe and fun for the whole family. A road trip is a great time to listen to audiobooks or catch up on podcasts. If you are traveling with young children, there are countless road trip activities that can keep them entertained.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above spring break road trip tips help you and your family have safe travels. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form