Do You Know What Our Top Halloween Safety Tips Are?
Are you ready to celebrate Halloween? Or, does it feel like it has been a while since you have gone out to celebrate a holiday? Are you worried about driving or being a pedestrian? Worry no more! If you are planning on being out and about this year, we have you covered. Below we are providing our top Halloween safety tips. We have included COVID-19 safety tips as well as safety tips for drivers and pedestrians.
We hope the below Halloween safety tips help you and your loved ones stay safe this holiday weekend. If a driver injures you during Halloween, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a car accident victim in Las Vegas. Other parties can actually stand in your way of receiving top compensation for car accident injuries. You need an experienced car accident lawyer to represent you, so you can win the compensation you deserve. Not every attorney can get you the top monetary award you should receive. Many attorneys simply do not have the experience necessary to put you in the best position to win your accident case; and if you don’t work with a lawyer who has this experience, you may receive much less compensation as an accident victim. It doesn’t have to be this way: there is a Las Vegas law firm that can help you. Our Las Vegas lawyers have a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. That is exactly what Anthem Injury Lawyers offers you.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas car accident attorneys review your case as soon as possible. Now is the right time to contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
COVID-19 Halloween Safety Tips
Last year, we provided an extensive list of alternate Halloween activities to lower your risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. This year, you can still choose to engage in alternate Halloween activities. However, if you choose to go out and celebrate, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided the following holiday celebration safety tips:
- Protect those not yet eligible for vaccination, such as young children, by getting yourself and other eligible people around them vaccinated.
- Wear well-fitting masks over your nose and mouth if you are in public indoor settings if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Even those who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask in public indoor settings in communities with substantial to high transmission.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, don’t host or attend a gathering.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have a close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Do NOT put a mask on children younger than 2 years old.
If you decide to engage in traditional Halloween celebrations this year, keep reading as we provide Halloween safety tips for drivers and pedestrians.
Halloween Safety Tips for Drivers
If you are driving in Las Vegas this Halloween, exercise extreme caution. Halloween means more drivers on the road and more pedestrians on the streets, including young children. Stay safe this Halloween with the following Halloween safety tips for drivers:
- Drive sober. Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. During Halloween night from 2015-2019, 41 percent of those killed were in traffic crashes that involved at least one drunk driver. If you are drinking, do not get behind the wheel. Instead of driving impaired you can find a sober driver, plan to stay at your location for the night, or use a rideshare/taxi.
- Wear a seat belt. Avoid wearing a costume that interferes with your ability to properly use a seat belt.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving is deadly driving. It can be difficult to keep your eyes, hands, and mind focused on driving, especially during a holiday. However, holidays are when you should be the most focused on the road because there are more drivers and pedestrians out.
- Slow down. Obey posted speed limits. Be mindful in neighborhoods where children are present and other locations with increased pedestrian traffic.
- Look out for pedestrians everywhere. Pedestrians may not behave as you expect, especially on Halloween night. As the sun sets, it can become more difficult to see pedestrians.
- Proceed with caution. Use caution when backing up, while turning, when entering or exiting parking lots, and when driving through a crosswalk. Be extra cautious when making left turns.
- Never pass a vehicle that is stopped at a crosswalk. There may be pedestrians in the crosswalk that you can’t see.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Approach crosswalks with caution.
- Be patient. Holidays can be stressful. If you are driving, remember to be patient with other drivers and pedestrians.
- Obey the law. Review our article onNevada Pedestrian Laws for Drivers.
Even the most responsible driver can be injured in a car accident. If another driver injures you on Halloween, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. We offer decades of experience that can get you the top compensation you deserve. Don’t delay: provide us with ample time to aggressively represent you so you can win top compensation as a Las Vegas accident victim. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Halloween Safety Tips for Pedestrians
Halloween is a dangerous night for pedestrians. It is even more dangerous for children. Here is a scary fact:
- On Halloween, children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed. This is compared to any other day of the year.
We want you and your children to be safe on Halloween night (and every night). If you are venturing out on foot this Halloween, keep the following Halloween safety tips in mind:
- An adult should always accompany children. Pedestrian safety can be difficult for children under normal circumstances. During a holiday, it can be even more difficult for children to remember how to act safely around cars.
- Costumes should be safe (for children and adults). A safe costume is bright and reflective, fits properly, and doesn’t interfere with the wearer’s ability to see.
- Stay visible. Use reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags. If you are out at night, use lights including a flashlight and/or headlamp. Only travel in well-lit areas.
- Pay attention. Avoid using electronic devices or headphones.
- Practice basic pedestrian safety. This includes obeying pedestrian signals, walking on sidewalks, using crosswalks, and using caution in parking lots and driveways.
- Make sure drivers see you. Do not assume a driver sees you! Always make eye contact with a driver before walking in front of the vehicle.
- Stay sober. Alcohol and drugs can impair your coordination and judgment. These substances make it more likely that you will not act like a responsible pedestrian.
- Obey the law. Review our article onNevada Pedestrian Laws for Pedestrians.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above Halloween safety discussion helps you safely celebrate this year. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas Halloween accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and have won top compensation for clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a Las Vegas area accident victim. We will represent you against parties who stand in your way of winning the compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim. When you choose us, you do not have to worry about affordability. Our Las Vegas accident attorneys don’t get paid unless they win for you.
Your choice of a personal injury lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. Anthem Injury Lawyers is ready to meet you to discuss your accident case and help you secure the compensation you deserve. Get our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers working for you; don’t delay. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form