Thanksgiving Car Travel Tips During COVID-19
Most years, Thanksgiving is a time to travel to family near and far. This year, Thanksgiving may look a little different. Your decision to travel or stay home may be influenced by travel restrictions and other safety concerns. If you are wary of flight travel and the potential risks air travel poses, you may take to the roads. Here, we provide Thanksgiving car travel tips during COVID-19.
If you are a victim in a Las Vegas area car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers has over 25 years of experience. This level of experience is exactly what you need when facing insurance companies who are not motivated to pay you the compensation you deserve. The insurance companies work against you, so you will need a Las Vegas car accident lawyer who knows how to stand up for your rights. We aggressively fight for you so you can receive just compensation for injuries sustained in a Las Vegas area car accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
COVID-19 Travel Planning Tips
Travel planning looks a little different due to COVID-19. There are additional issues that you should consider before your trip. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you consider the following before you travel:
- Is COVID-19 spreading at your destination? An increase in COVID-19 at your destination means an increased risk that you will get infected on your trip. Check each state’s cases in the last seven days.
- Do you live with someone who might be at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19? Consider the risk you pose to household members if you get infected while traveling.
- Are you at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19? If you are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, then you may not want to travel.
- Does your destination have requirements or restrictions for travelers? Some governments have requirements that are changing daily. This can include quarantine requirements for travelers. Check local public health websites for information before you travel. Keep your plans flexible as restrictions may change during your trip.
We hope these questions help you safely plan travel during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also want to remind travelers that a car trip involves additional safety concerns with our below safety tips.
Safety Tips Before Your Car Trip
COVID-19 is not the only concern when planning a trip. If you are traveling by car, you still need to worry about maintenance and other safety issues. If you plan to travel by car this Thanksgiving weekend, stay safe with the following safety tips before your car trip:
- Take your car in for a maintenance check. See our Fall Car Safety Checklist article for additional information.
- Plan your route. Use a route mapping service to plan your travel before you leave. Try to avoid unnecessary gas, food, or bathroom breaks. These can put you at an increased risk for COVID-19 exposure.
- Stay in contact. Notify a close friend or family member of your travel plans. Set a departure and arrival time, so they know when to expect you and can stay alert in case of a potential accident.
- Update the contacts in your phone. Make sure to include your auto insurance provider and towing company.
- Pack an emergency supply kit. Be prepared for roadside emergencies with an emergency supply kit.
We hope you stay safe on the roads this Thanksgiving. If you are a victim in a Las Vegas car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers has over 25 years of experience. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Thanksgiving Car Travel Tips During COVID-19
Travel increases your chances of getting infected and spreading COVID-19. Stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms. If you choose to travel, the CDC recommends you do the following:
- Wear a mask in public. Make sure the mask fits properly and covers your nose and mouth.
- Maintain social distance. Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you. Avoid close contact with others.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Try to limit contact with public surfaces.
- Use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer should be at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Pack your food. Try to avoid dining-in if possible. If necessary, pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant services, or stores.
Even the most cautious traveler can be injured in an accident. If another driver injures you, contact the team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Safety Tips for Drivers
AAA estimates that even with travel restrictions and COVID-19 concerns, 50 million Americans could travel this Thanksgiving. An increase in travelers increases your risk for a car accident. Stay safe on the roads with the following safety tips for drivers:
- Drive sober. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Arrange for a sober driver or plan to spend the night.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving causes accidents. Do not text and drive. Keep your mind and eyes focused on the road.
- Buckle up. Always wear your safety belt. Make sure children are in age appropriate car seats.
- Drive with caution. November means unexpected weather conditions and road construction. Be weary of snowy, icy, or wet roads.
- Avoid heavy traffic. If possible, avoid travel during peak travel days and times when accidents are most likely to occur.
We hope these tips help you stay safe while driving this Thanksgiving. If a driver injures you in an accident, seek medical help. Once you have sought medical care, seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Don’t wait – have our lawyers protect your rights in a Las Vegas car accident. Talk to Anthem Injury Lawyers today so we have the benefit of ample time to fight for maximum compensation for you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
Safe Thanksgiving Activities
You may have to cancel your Thanksgiving travel plans this year. If you decide to stay home this Thanksgiving, remember that it is possible to stay safe and connected. Consider the following Thanksgiving activities as alternatives to travel:
- Go virtual. Schedule a virtual Thanksgiving with friends and family. Set a time to say hello. Share recipes, meals, stories, and catch-up online.
- Watch television. Thanksgiving is a great time to stay home and watch television including parades, movies, and sports.
- Break out the games. Play board games, video games, or do puzzles with those in your household.
- Spend time outside. Enjoy the fall weather and go for a walk, run, or bike ride. Relax outside around an outdoor fire pit.
- Give thanks. Write down or share what you are grateful for with family and friends.
- Shop smart. Shop online and use contactless delivery services or curbside pick-up. Go outdoors to open-air markets and maintain a safe distance from other shoppers.
We hope you have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. At Anthem Injury Lawyers we understand that even the most cautious person can be injured by a Las Vegas driver. If you are the victim in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact a lawyer licensed to practice in Nevada. The lawyers at Anthem Injury Lawyers are licensed in Nevada. We proudly serve our clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. If you are severely injured and cannot visit our Las Vegas area law office (in Henderson), we can come to you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope you stay safe on the roads this Thanksgiving. If another driver injures you or a loved one, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. Benefit from our years of experience representing Las Vegas area clients in auto accidents. We only get paid when you win, so you can be confident about working with our experienced legal team.
Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers based in Henderson, Nevada. With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims. Remember: your best opportunity to receive just compensation for your accident injuries is to have an experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyer working for you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form