Our Best Pedestrian Safety Tips
This month, a juvenile pedestrian tragically lost his life in a hit-and-run accident. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents are a common occurrence. In 2019, a pedestrian was killed every 85 minutes in traffic crashes. We want you and your family to be safe while walking and in the driver’s seat. That is why we are providing the below pedestrian safety tips for drivers and pedestrians.
We hope the below pedestrian safety tips help you and your loved ones stay safe. If a driver injures you in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Anthem Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your personal injury case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. You need experienced guidance to help you win the compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim. Our attorneys offer over 25 years of experience winning compensation in personal injury cases. This is the level of experience you need to win top compensation as a Las Vegas accident victim. Your choice of a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. Take the time to choose wisely and select Anthem Injury Lawyers.
Learn how Anthem Injury Lawyers will put you in the best position to win your Las Vegas pedestrian accident case. We have the knowledge and expertise you need to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Plus, you do not have to worry about affordability. Our lawyers do not get paid unless you win your pedestrian accident case.
It is important to select a Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer who has a winning track record in cases like yours. We offer that experience, and we’ve won significant compensation for Las Vegas pedestrian accident victims. Don’t wait. Get the experienced representation you need to win your pedestrian accident case. Not all Las Vegas lawyers offer the necessary experience to stand up to insurance companies. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Drivers
Pedestrian safety is everyone’s responsibility. If you are a driver, you have a responsibility to watch out for pedestrians. Use the following safety tips to keep everyone safe:
- Follow the law. Driving laws are in place to help keep everyone safe. If you are a Nevada driver, review our article Do You Know Nevada Pedestrian Laws for Drivers?
- Drive sober. Never drive under the influences of drugs or alcohol.
- Slow down. Speeding makes it more difficult to stop for pedestrians and others on the road.
- Stay alert. Look out for pedestrians at all times, not just at crosswalks.
- Pay attention. Avoid distractions like your cell phone while driving.
- Be extra cautious when visibility is low. Pedestrians can be more difficult to see in bad weather and at nighttime.
- Respect crosswalks. Slow down and be prepared to stop when approaching a crosswalk. Always yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Never pass a vehicle stopped at a crosswalk.
- Proceed with caution when children are present. School zones and neighborhoods have slower speed limits because children are present. Be especially cautious before school starts and when school ends.
- Always look behind you when you are backing up. Pedestrians may walk behind your vehicle.
We hope the above safety tips help you avoid a pedestrian accident. We also understand that even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If you are injured in a car accident, contact an experienced car accident lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers have experienced car accident attorneys who are ready to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Pedestrians
Being a pedestrian is a great way to stay healthy and get outside. It can also be dangerous. In 2018, there were 79 pedestrian fatalities in Nevada. Use the following safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Follow the law. Pedestrian laws are in place to help keep everyone safe. Obey all signs and signals. If you are a Nevada pedestrian, review our article Do You Know Nevada Pedestrian Laws for Pedestrians?
- Walk sober. Avoid using alcohol and drugs when you are a pedestrian, they can impair your judgment.
- Be extra cautious near driveways and parking lots. Vehicles may not see you while they are backing up.
- Always use sidewalks, whenever they are available. If no sidewalk is available, pedestrians must walk on the left side of the street facing traffic.
- Pay attention. Keep your eyes and ears on the road.
- Cross with care. Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections. Always look for cars, in all directions. If a crosswalk is not available, find an area where you are highly visible to cross.
- Never assume that a driver sees you. If you cannot make eye contact with a driver, they may not see you.
- Make sure you are visible. Increase your visibility during the day and nighttime by wearing bright clothing. You can increase your visibility at night by wearing reflective clothing and using a flashlight.
- Talk to your children. Children are vulnerable pedestrians. They are more difficult to see and may dart in front of vehicles. Teach your children about pedestrian safety. Talk to them regularly and practice walking safety.
Even the most cautious pedestrian can be injured in an accident. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of Las Vegas attorneys and staff ready to help you. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above pedestrian safety tips help keep you and your loved ones safe. If a driver injures you in a pedestrian accident, contact the law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers. Time is of the essence. Get in touch with our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers today, so we can begin pursuing significant compensation for you. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your personal injury case.
You need a lawyer who can put you in the best position to win top compensation as a Las Vegas pedestrian accident victim. We have over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. Time is of the essence when it comes to pursuing compensation for your injuries. ensure you have the best opportunity to gain top compensation: call Anthem Injury Lawyers (702) 857-6000.
Do not wait to contact our experienced legal team. You need the expertise that a top pedestrian accident lawyer can provide. Now is the best time to schedule your appointment with us to discuss the details about your Las Vegas area pedestrian accident. Have our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers examine the facts and learn about your case. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve as an accident victim.
Some well-meaning people may tell you that you don’t need a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. Actually, you will find yourself at a disadvantage without the expertise and knowledge an experienced Las Vegas accident lawyer can provide. Make the choice that can positively impact your future: right now is the best time to call Anthem Injury Lawyers. See why our Las Vegas attorneys give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form