Do You Know About Nevada’s Two New Critical Emphasis Areas?
Did you know that every year, more than 300 people die and more than 1,000 people are seriously injured on Nevada roadways? That is why Nevada has a Strategic Highway Safety Plan (SHSP). The SHSP sets a roadmap to reduce traffic-related accidents. It includes nine critical emphasis areas. These critical emphasis areas have strategies and action steps for implementation. For the 2021-2025 SHSP, Nevada added two new critical emphasis areas: safe speed and older drivers. Below, we will discuss the two new critical emphasis areas.
We hope the below discussion helps you safely navigate Nevada roadways. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Anthem Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your personal injury case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. Some people wonder if it’s necessary to have a car accident lawyer, or if they can handle their case themselves. Don’t try to navigate the legal system alone—have our experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyers put our knowledge and expertise to work for you. Let our team ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
It is important to select a Las Vegas car accident lawyer who has a winning track record in cases like yours. That’s exactly what you will get when you choose Anthem Injury Lawyers. We’ve won top compensation for numerous clients, and we can provide you with the best opportunity to win your case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Nevada’s Two New Critical Emphasis Areas: Safe Speed and Older Drivers
The updated SHSP has nine critical emphasis areas. Below, we will discuss the two new critical emphasis areas: safe speed and older drivers. In addition to the two new critical emphasis areas, the other seven critical emphasis areas include the following:
- Impaired driving
- Lane departures
- Occupant protection
- Young drivers
Now that you know all the critical emphasis areas, read on for tips about safe speed and older drivers.
Did you know that in Nevada, speeding accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic fatalities? Speeding is illegal and can be deadly. Under Nevada law, you have a responsibility to drive at a speed that is reasonable and proper. For more information on Nevada speed laws, see our article:
Unfortunately, even if you drive the speed limit, you can still be injured by a speeding driver. If you are injured by a speeding driver in Las Vegas, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers has over 25 years of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve. Don’t delay. Get in touch with our Las Vegas car accident lawyers today. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
How To Handle a Speeding Driver
Speeding drivers are a danger to everyone on the road. If you encounter a speeding driver, use the following tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to keep you and your passengers safe:
- Drive the speed limit. Just because another driver is speeding does not mean you have to speed.
- Move over. If you are in the left lane and a speeding car wants to pass, safely move over to the right lane.
- Give speeding cars space. If you encounter a speeding car, you should give it plenty of space. Speeding vehicles are more difficult to control and may cause an accident.
- Do not engage. Speeding is tied to aggressive driving. If the speeding driver is being aggressive, remain calm and safely maneuver your vehicle away from the speeding driver.
Unfortunately, an accident can injure even the safest driver. If another driver injures you in an accident in Las Vegas, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can give you legal advice and help protect your rights. Our Las Vegas legal team understands that being an accident victim can be one of the most difficult things you will ever face. Don’t try to navigate the legal system alone; you need the advantage that our top accident attorneys can provide. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
Did you know that older drivers tend to engage in safer driving behaviors than other age groups? Older drivers tend to do the following:
- Wear seat belts
- Drive when conditions are safest
- Avoid drinking and driving
Unfortunately, older adults are at a greater risk for death or injury in a car accident. In Nevada in 2018, 24 percent of all traffic fatalities were people 65 and older. If you or a loved one are injured in a Las Vegas-area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers are an experienced team of car accident attorneys. We handle complex issues including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death. Don’t wait—benefit from our decades of experience winning significant compensation for Las Vegas car accident victims. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
How Older Drivers Can Assess Their Driving
Since 2000, the number of older drivers has increased by 60 percent. If you are an older driver, you have a responsibility to assess your driving. Below are some questions to ask yourself to assess your driving. The following list of questions is provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- How is your eyesight? If your eyesight makes common driving tasks difficult, is there a solution to resolve the issue?
- Do you have control of your vehicle? As a person ages, they can lose strength, coordination, and flexibility. Are you physically able to operate your vehicle by turning the steering wheel, moving your foot, and looking over your shoulder?
- Does driving make you feel nervous, scared, or overwhelmed? Driving can be stressful for anyone at any age. However, if you feel confused or uncomfortable while driving, you should stop driving until you address the issue.
- Are loved ones concerned about your driving? Have family members or friends expressed concern about your driving? If so, consider creating a safe driving plan. A safe driving plan is a plan to address driving concerns. This may include talking to your doctor about your medication or limiting your driving to certain times and/or routes.
- Have you been injured in a car accident? If you have been injured in a car accident, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above discussion about safe speed and older drivers helps keep you safe on Nevada’s roadways. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that an accident can injure the most cautious individual. If another person has injured you, it is important that you seek experienced legal representation. Time is of the essence. Get in touch with our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers today, so we can begin pursuing significant compensation for you. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your personal injury case.
We have won significant compensation for countless Las Vegas-area clients with cases similar to yours. We have over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. That is exactly the level of experience you need to win your personal injury case. Fighting insurance companies alone is not recommended when it comes to pursuing top compensation in your Las Vegas car accident case; they are not looking out for your best interests as a Las Vegas car accident victim. You need our attorneys working for you to put you in the best position to win compensation for your injuries. Have our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys examine the facts and learn about your case. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve as an accident victim.
See why our Las Vegas lawyers give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. We have won many cases like yours for our clients. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form