US road fatalities spiked in 2021. This spike impacts everyone, including passengers. Passengers can play an active role in road safety. In recognition of the important role that passengers can play, We Save Lives and the National Road Safety Foundation have launched National Safety Passenger Week. This year, National Passenger Safety Week is January 23 through January 30. Below we will go over ways to empower passengers to speak up against unsafe driving practices.
We hope the below information helps make the roads safer. If a driver injures you or a loved one, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
It’s Dangerous To Be a Passenger
Drivers engage in risky and dangerous behavior, with and without passengers. If you ride with a dangerous driver, then you are in danger. Consider the following 2019 statistics:
- 62 percent of all traffic fatalities are passengers.
- 13 percent of those who died in alcohol related fatalities were passengers
- 53 percent of children killed in alcohol related crashes were passengers.
If you are a passenger, you can take steps to make the road safer. Below we will discuss ways you can intervene to prevent unsafe driving behavior. Unfortunately, even the most responsible passenger can be injured in a car accident. If a driver injures you in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
How Passengers Can Intervene
Passengers can play an active role in their own safety. Passengers should look out for unsafe driving behaviors. Unsafe driving behaviors include impaired driving, distracted driving, and speeding. Below are ways that you can intervene to stop unsafe driving behaviors:
- Stop loved ones from driving impaired. Impaired driving includes driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and even medication. If your friend is impaired, do not let them get behind the wheel.
- Remind drivers to follow the speed limit. Speeding was one of the top causes of road fatalities in Nevada in 2021.
- Do not ride with an impaired driver. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to stop someone from driving impaired. However, you can make a choice to not get in a vehicle with an impaired driver.
- Stop your friends from using their cell phone while driving. If you are the passenger, you can offer to take control of the driver’s cell phone. If the driver does not want to give you their cell phone, then request that they put it down while driving.
- Encourage everyone to buckle up. Wearing a seat belt is important for everyone. Young children should be properly restrained in an appropriate car seat.
The best way to prevent unsafe driving is to talk about your expectations with your friends and family. Be clear that you do not think it is okay to ride in a vehicle with an unsafe driver. If you do ride in a vehicle with an unsafe driver and are injured as a result, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Questions To Ask Your Teen
Adults are not the only people who are passengers. Your teen may spend a lot of time as a passenger. Have you asked your teen questions about who they are riding with? Below are questions to ask your teen before they become a passenger:
- How old is the driver?
- Does the driver have a valid driver’s license?
- How much experience do they have driving and how long have they been driving?
- Are they wearing seat belts in the car?
- Will you promise to always buckle up?
- Do they like to speed?
- Do we know the driver of the vehicle? If not, are they willing to meet with us when they pick you up?
- Will they give us your destination and will you call us if there is a change in plans?
- Do you have your proper identification with you just in case something happens?
- Will the driver share with us their parents contact info?
- How many other passengers will be in the car?
- What time will you be home?
- Will you promise to call me if the driver is under the influence so I can pick you up?
- Do you know if the driver is on any kind of medication that may interfere with their driving?
- Do they use their cell phone or Bluetooth while driving?
It is not enough to just ask your teen the above questions once. You should regularly speak with your teen about who they are riding with and remind them of safe driving behavior. Unfortunately, even the safest teen can be injured in a car accident. If another driver injures your teen, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above discussion helps you intervene to prevent unsafe driving. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form