Where there’s smoke, there’s fire—where there’s fire, there are burns. In recognition of the dangers of burn injuries, the American Burn Association promotes National Burn Awareness Week. National Burn Awareness Week is an opportunity to focus on burn injury awareness, safety, and education. This year, National Burn Awareness Week is February 6 through February 12. Burns can come from all kinds of fires, including vehicle fires. Read on as we discuss vehicle fires and how to handle any resulting burns.
We hope the below discussion helps create awareness around car fires and burns. If you have been injured in a car fire, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. You need an experienced car accident lawyer with a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas car accident victims.
Don’t wait to contact our Las Vegas car accident lawyers. Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8172 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Vehicle Fires by the Numbers
How likely are you to experience a vehicle fire? Well, according to data from the National Fire Protection Association, you are less likely to experience a vehicle fire now than in the past. However, vehicle fires still pose a danger to U.S. drivers. Consider the following data from the National Fire Protection Association on Fire Loss in the United States During 2020:
- In 2020, there were approximately 209,500 vehicle fires.
- These vehicle fires caused 630 civilian fire deaths and 1,700 civilian fire injuries.
- From 2019 to 2020, vehicle fires fell 6 percent overall and vehicle fire deaths fell 2 percent. Additionally, vehicle fire injuries fell 15 percent and property damage more than doubled.
- The estimated number of vehicle fires in 2020 was 56 percent lower than in 1980.
- In 2020, fire departments responded to an average of one highway vehicle fire every 3 minutes and 3 seconds.
Have you been injured in a vehicle fire that was not your fault? Then you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The attorneys at Anthem Injury Lawyers offer decades of experience winning significant compensation for accident victims. Exactly the experience you need to win your Las Vegas accident case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8172 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Tips to Prevent Vehicle Fires
Vehicle fires can cause injuries and even death. You can lessen your chances of a vehicle fire and subsequent injury by doing the following:
- Regularly complete a car safety check. You should check your vehicle for fluid leaks, electrical issues, and tire problems.
- Check for recalls. Some motor vehicles have safety defects that can cause vehicle fires.
- Proceed with caution around flammables. Do not leave your vehicle running near flammables and take care when transporting flammables.
Practice Safe Driving
Sometimes vehicle fires are the result of a crash. While not all crashes are preventable, you can lessen your chances of a crash with safe driving habits. Safe driving habits include the following:
- Driving sober
- Obeying the speed limit
- Not driving drowsy
- Stopping on red
- Paying attention
We hope the above tips help you avoid a vehicle fire. We also understand that even the most responsible driver can be injured on the road. If you are injured in a vehicle fire, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Having a top attorney at your side to fight for your rights in your Las Vegas accident case can make all the difference when you’re trying to get the compensation you deserve. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers provides expert representation to make sure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact us today at (702) 745-8172 for a free consultation.
All About Burns
It is National Burn Awareness Week so it is important that we talk about burns. Unfortunately, if you experience a vehicle fire then you may get burned. Did you know that burns are classified by degree of severity? Consider the following:
- First-degree burns are mild. The top layer of skin turns red and is painful but typically does not blister.
- Second-degree burns affect the skin’s top and lower layers. These burns can cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering.
- Third-degree burns affect all three skin layers. The burn destroys hair follicles and sweat glands and damages nerve endings.
Burn First Aid
Now that you know about the different degrees of burns, we can discuss what you should do if you have been burned. The U.S. Fire Administration provides the following burn first aid tips:
- Treat the burn right away. Put the burn in cool water for three to five minutes.
- Cover the burn with a clean, dry cloth. Do not apply creams, ointments, sprays, or other home remedies.
- Remove all clothing, diapers, jewelry, and metal from the burned area. These can hide underlying burns and retain heat, which can increase skin damage.
- Seek medical treatment. If you are burned in a car accident, you should get medical help right away.
Once you have received medical care, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Don’t worry if your injuries or other issues keep you from visiting us at our Las Vegas area law office. We can come to you to discuss your case. Contact us today at (702) 745-8172 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If you are injured in a car fire, the most important thing you can do is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights and navigate the complications that come with a car accident.
Sometimes people are unsure if they need an attorney, or if a car accident attorney can really make a difference in receiving compensation. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys gives you the best opportunity to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Well-meaning friends may tell you that a car accident lawyer in Las Vegas is too expensive. This is not true! We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t have to worry about affordability. Plus, with our extensive car accident case experience, you have the best chance for a positive outcome for your case.
Remember—when it comes to seeking maximum compensation, you’ll want to put your case in the hands of the experts at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We have over 25 years of experience representing Las Vegas car accident victims. Contact us today at (702) 745-8172 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form