After you’ve sustained injuries in a drunk driver accident, you need strong legal representation to fight for the damages you qualify for. One of our Paradise drunk driver accident attorneys at Anthem Injury Law can help you recover the compensation you need.
We offer free case evaluations and can help you determine how much compensation you could recover for your losses. Our Paradise, NV, personal injury attorneys are ready to take on your case.
Taking Action After a Drunk Driver Hits You in Paradise, NV
Experiencing a collision with a drunk driver can be overwhelming. Here’s a summary of what you should do after a drunk driver hits you.
First, prioritize safety by moving to a secure location, calling 911 to report the incident, and requesting medical assistance if needed. Avoid confronting the drunk driver, focusing instead on collecting information like names, contact details, insurance information, and vehicle descriptions. Document the scene with photos, gather witness contacts, and cooperate with the police while making sure they’re aware of the driver’s impairment.
Seek medical attention promptly, even for minor injuries, and inform your insurance company while avoiding discussing fault without legal advice. Preserve evidence such as medical records and repair bills. Consider seeking guidance from a personal injury attorney who can help you through the legal process. Reach out for emotional support as you handle the aftermath of this distressing experience.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Paradise, call (702) 857-6000
Statute of Limitations for Drunk Driving Accidents in Nevada
The statute of limitations is a legal principle governing the timeframe for initiating a personal injury claim. As stated in Nevada Revised Statutes 11.190, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims stemming from a drunk driving accident is two years. Within this period, you are required to initiate your claim, commencing from the date of the accident.
Recognizing this timeframe is essential, as failing to file a lawsuit within this stipulated time frame could lead to the forfeiture of your right to pursue legal recourse and seek rightful compensation. Nevertheless, it’s noteworthy that exceptions or alterations to the statute of limitations may come into play depending on the specifics of your case. We strongly advise seeking counsel from one of our skilled Paradise drunk driver accident attorneys.
Paradise Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (702) 857-6000
Seeking Compensation for Damages and Injuries for Your Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Seeking compensation for damages and injuries can be difficult, but a skilled accident attorney can help you through the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve. We understand the intricacies of drunk driving accidents and the laws surrounding them in Paradise. With the help of one of our attorneys from Anthem Injury Law, you could recover damages such as:
Economic damages pertain to quantifiable financial losses directly linked to a specific incident, aiming to reimburse you for your losses. You could recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses: This encompasses both present and future medical bills, expenses for hospitalization, surgical procedures, prescription medications, as well as costs related to rehabilitation and therapy for injuries sustained in the accident.
- Property damage: This involves receiving compensation for the repair or replacement of your vehicle, as well as any other property that was damaged due to the accident.
- Lost wages: You may be eligible for reimbursement for the income you lost during the period you were unable to work due to recovery, medical appointments, or disability arising from the accident.
- Loss of earning capacity: If the accident results in a lasting or permanent disability that impacts your ability to earn a livelihood, you might have a claim for compensation due to the reduced potential of earning income.
- Funeral and burial costs: In situations involving fatal accidents, the family may have the possibility to recover expenses connected to the funeral and burial of the deceased.
Non-economic damages refer to intangible losses from a particular incident, addressing emotional and subjective impacts rather than financial expenses. We can help you recover damages such as:
- Pain and suffering: This involves receiving compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental suffering stemming from both the accident itself and the injuries sustained.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the accident leads to a diminished quality of life due to physical limitations or emotional distress, you could potentially qualify for compensation.
- Loss of consortium: Damages granted to a spouse for the deprivation of companionship, emotional assistance, and intimacy triggered by the accident.
- Emotional distress: Compensation for the psychological and emotional trauma inflicted by the accident.
- Disfigurement or scarring: If the accident results in visible scars or disfigurement, you might be entitled to damages to account for the impact on your self-esteem and appearance.
- Punitive damages: If the drunk driver’s actions were notably reckless or deliberate, the court might award punitive damages. This serves to penalize the driver and discourage similar behavior in the future.
Click to contact our Southern Nevada Drunk Driver Accident Lawyers today
The Risks of Approaching Your Drunk Driver Case Without a Lawyer
Attempting to handle your drunk driver case without legal representation can have significant implications. Going through legal proceedings, negotiating with insurance companies, and understanding the intricacies of relevant laws can be overwhelming. Without a knowledgeable lawyer, you might encounter various risks that could compromise the outcome of your case, such as:
- Inadequate compensation: Without a lawyer’s guidance, you may not accurately assess the full extent of your damages and losses. As a result, you might receive less compensation than you deserve, leaving you financially burdened by medical bills, property repair costs, and other expenses.
- Legal complexities: Drunk driving accident cases involve intricate legal processes and regulations. A lawyer experienced in such cases can help you navigate these complexities, making sure all necessary documents are filed correctly, and deadlines are met.
- Negotiating challenges: Negotiating with insurance companies and opposing parties can be challenging, especially when emotions are involved. A skilled lawyer can handle negotiations on your behalf, making sure your rights are protected, and you don’t settle for less than you deserve.
- Lack of evidence: Building a strong case requires gathering and presenting evidence effectively. Without legal help, you might miss evidence that could strengthen your claim and increase your chances of a favorable outcome.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Legal Representation After a Drunk Driver Hits You in Paradise, NV
If a drunk driver hit you, our team of drunk driver accident attorneys in Paradise, NV, at Anthem Injury Law can help you recover the compensation you need. We’re ready to help you return to your daily life and heal from your injuries.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.