Do You Need Spring Break Car Travel Tips During COVID-19?
Most years spring break is a time to travel with family or friends. This year, spring break may look a little different. Your decision to travel or stay home may be influenced by travel restrictions and other safety concerns. Many people are choosing to stay closer to home and travel by car to their spring break destination. Here, we provide spring break car travel tips during COVID-19.
If you or a loved one are a victim of a spring break car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers has over 25 years of experience. This level of experience is exactly what you need when facing insurance companies who are not motivated to pay you the compensation you deserve. We aggressively fight for you so you can receive just compensation for injuries sustained in a Las Vegas area car accident. Discover the benefit of representation by a top personal injury law firm. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
COVID-19 Travel Alert
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a COVID-19 alert that cases are extremely high and everyone should avoid travel. Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. The CDC recommends that you do not travel at this time. Its alert urges everyone to delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
COVID-19 Questions to Consider Before You Travel
If you do decide to travel during spring break, your trip planning may look a little different due to COVID-19. There are additional issues that you should consider before your trip. The CDC recommends that you consider the following questions before you travel:
- Do you live with someone who might be at an increased risk for getting very sick from COVID-19? Consider the risk you pose to household members if you get infected while traveling.
- Are you planning to visit someone who might be at an increased risk for getting very sick from COVID-19? Consider the risk you pose to others while traveling.
- Are hospitals in your community overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients?
- Are hospitals at your destination overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients?
- Does your destination have requirements or restrictions for travelers? Check before you travel.
- Are you traveling with people outside your household?
Did you answer “yes” to any of the above questions? If so, the CDC says you should delay your travel. We hope this helps you decide whether you can safely plan to travel.
Even if you decide to delay your travel and stay close to home, you can still be injured in a spring break car accident. If you are a victim of a Las Vegas car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers has over 25 years of experience. Get our team of legal experts working for you so you can win the compensation you deserve in your accident case. Don’t delay: our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are here to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Safety Tips Before Your Car Trip
COVID-19 is not the only concern when planning a spring break car trip. When you travel by car, you still need to worry about maintenance and other safety issues. If you plan to travel by car during spring break, stay safe with the following tips:
- Take your car in for a maintenance check.
- Use a route mapping service to plan your travel before you leave. Try to avoid unnecessary stops that put you at an increased risk for COVID-19 exposure.
- Notify a close friend or family member of your travel plans, including departure and arrival time.
- Check that your driver’s license, registration, and insurance are all current.
- Pack an emergency supply kit for roadside emergencies.
We hope these tips help you stay safe. If another driver injures you in a Las Vegas car accident, contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We have experienced car accident lawyers who are ready to help you. Our personal injury lawyers offer the experience you need to help you win in car accident cases, bus accident cases, motorcycle accident cases and many more accident scenarios where someone else’s actions lead to you becoming an accident victim. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Spring Break Car Travel Tips During COVID-19
Travel increases your chances of getting infected and spreading COVID-19. Stay home if you are sick, tested positive, or are experiencing symptoms. If you choose to travel, the CDC recommends you do the following to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- If eligible, get fully vaccinated for COVID-19. After your second vaccine dose, wait two weeks to travel.
- Get tested before and after you travel. Do not travel if you test positive.
- Stay alert for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth in public.
- Avoid crowds.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from anyone who did not travel with you.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Try to limit contact with public surfaces.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Pack extra masks and hand sanitizer.
We hope these tips help protect you from COVID-19. We also understand that even the most cautious traveler can be injured in an accident. If another driver injures you, contact the team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada and we work with clients in Las Vegas and the vicinity. We can come to you if you are injured and cannot come into our Las Vegas area law office. Remember that insurance companies are not motivated to help you gain the compensation you deserve as an accident victim. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Safety Tips for Drivers
Even with COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Travel Association reports that 12 percent of Americans plan to take a spring break trip this year. An increase in cars on the roads increases your risk for a car accident. Stay safe on the roads with the following safety tips for drivers:
- Always drive sober. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Avoid distracted driving. Distracted driving is anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving. Keep your mind and eyes focused on the road.
- Always wear your seat belt and make sure your passengers are buckled up as well. If you are traveling out of state, review our state seat belt laws article.
- Make sure children are in age-appropriate car seats. If you are traveling out of state, review our state laws for car seat article.
- Spring break means more drivers on the road. If possible, avoid travel during peak travel days and times when accidents are most likely to occur.
We hope these tips help you stay safe while driving during spring break. If a spring break driver injures you in an accident, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer. The law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope you stay safe on the roads during spring break. If another driver injures you or a loved one, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. Benefit from our years of experience representing Las Vegas area clients in auto accidents. We only get paid when you win, so you can be confident about working with our experienced legal team.
It’s important to receive legal representation from a firm that offers an extensive experience so you have the best opportunity to win maximum compensation in your Las Vegas accident case. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers based in Henderson, Nevada. With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.