Do You Know What To Do in a Vehicle Fire?
The saying “where there is smoke, there is fire” became all too literal this month when Las Vegas Fire and Rescue had to rescue a driver from a car fire. Reportedly, their vehicle caught fire after it crashed through a fence and landed on its side in a wash. If you smelled smoke, would you know what to do if your vehicle caught fire? Vehicle fires are dangerous and can be deadly. Below we will discuss vehicle fires, including prevention and what to do in a vehicle fire.
We hope the below safety tips help you avoid the dangers of vehicle fires. If a driver injures you, contact an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Anthem Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your personal injury case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. You need a law firm that has a proven track record of winning cases like yours for substantial compensation. Some people wonder if it’s necessary to have a car accident lawyer, or if they can handle their case themselves. Don’t try to navigate the legal system alone. You need to have our experienced Las Vegas car accident attorneys put our knowledge and expertise to work for you. Let our team ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Remember: It is important to select a Las Vegas car accident lawyer who has a winning track record in cases like yours. Don’t settle for what insurance companies or others say you should take as a Las Vegas accident victim. You deserve maximum compensation. That’s exactly what you will get when you choose Anthem Injury Lawyers. We’ve won top compensation for numerous clients, and we can provide you with the best opportunity to win your case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
How Common Are Vehicle Fires?
If you watch action movies, then it may seem like vehicles catch fire and explode all the time. However, the real world tends to be much less exciting than movies. So just how common are vehicle fires? Below are some facts and figures from the National Fire Protection Association on Fire Loss in the United States During 2020:
- In 2020, there were approximately 209,500 vehicle fires.
- These vehicle fires caused 630 civilian fire deaths and 1,700 civilian fire injuries.
- From 2019 to 2020, vehicle fires fell 6 percent overall and vehicle fire deaths fell 2 percent. Additionally, vehicle fire injuries fell 15 percent and property damage more than doubled.
- The estimated number of vehicle fires in 2020 was 56 percent lower than in 1980.
- In 2020, fire departments responded to an average of one highway vehicle fire every 3 minutes and 3 seconds.
If you are injured in a highway vehicle fire that is not your fault, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of Las Vegas lawyers and staff ready to help you. Our attorneys offer decades of experience winning significant compensation for car accident victims; this is the exact experience you need to win your Las Vegas car accident case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
Can You Prevent a Vehicle Fire?
If you are worried about vehicle fires, you may be wondering what you can do to prevent a vehicle fire. Some vehicle fires are caused by car accidents. This means that in order to prevent the vehicle fire, you need to avoid the car accident. While not all car accidents are avoidable, you can lessen your chances of a car accident with safe driving habits. Safe driving habits include driving sober, obeying the speed limit, stopping on red, and paying attention.
Not all vehicle fires are caused by car accidents. Some vehicle fires have other causes and can be prevented. If you want to lessen your chances of a vehicle fire, you should do the following:
- Regularly service your vehicle. Vehicle fires can be caused by mechanical issues including oil or fluid leaks and wiring or electrical problems.
- Check for recalls. Some motor vehicles have safety defects that can cause vehicle fires.
- Take care when transporting flammables. If you are transporting gasoline, always use a sealed and certified gas can. Ensure your vehicle is well ventilated.
- Park away from flammables. Do not leave your vehicle running near flammables.
We hope the above vehicle fire prevention tips help you stay safe. We also understand that even the most responsible driver can be injured on the road. If a Nevada driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Should You Do If Your Vehicle Catches Fire?
If you are reading this article, you should understand that even if you take steps to prevent a vehicle fire, your car can still catch on fire. So what should you do if your vehicle catches fire? If you are driving your vehicle and it catches fire you should do the following:
- Remain calm.
- Pull over as quickly as it is safe to do so.
- Once you are safely stopped, turn off the engine.
- Get everyone out and away from the vehicle.
- Do not try to open the hood or trunk of the vehicle. This could cause the fire to spread and lead to additional injuries.
- Immediately call 911.
- Do not try to approach the vehicle or reenter the vehicle.
- Not all fires are created equal. Some fires are more difficult to extinguish than others. Electric vehicle fires can be especially dangerous. Leave fire extinguishing to the professionals.
- If you choose to use a fire extinguisher, only do so from a safe distance and always have a means to get away.
If you are injured in a car fire that is not your fault, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above information about vehicle fires helps you stay safe on Nevada’s roadways. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If another person has injured you, it is important that you seek experienced legal representation. Time is of the essence. Get in touch with our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers today, so we can begin pursuing significant compensation for you. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your personal injury case.
We have won significant compensation for countless Las Vegas-area clients with cases similar to yours. We have over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. Maybe you’ve thought of representing yourself in your pursuit of compensation as a Las Vegas accident victim. Fighting insurance companies alone is not recommended when it comes to pursuing top compensation in your Las Vegas car accident case. They are not looking out for your best interests as a Las Vegas car accident victim. You need our attorneys working for you to put you in the best position to win compensation for your injuries. Have our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys examine the facts and learn about your case. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve as an accident victim. Plus, you don’t have to worry about affordability, as our Las Vegas accident attorneys don’t get paid unless they win for you.
Now is the best time to call Anthem Injury Lawyers and tell us about your car accident case. See why our Las Vegas lawyers give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. We have won many cases like yours for our clients. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.