Do You Know What To Do After a Rideshare Accident?
It has been two months since Governor Steve Sisolak lifted pandemic pricing restrictions on rideshare companies in Nevada. The lift on pricing restrictions has increased the number of rideshare vehicles on the road. This increase also unfortunately means an increase in rideshare accidents. Do you know what to do after a rideshare accident? Read on as we discuss what to do after a rideshare accident as well as tips to keep you safe.
We hope you have a safe summer. We also understand that a rideshare accident can injure even the most cautious person. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area rideshare accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your Las Vegas rideshare accident case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. As an accident victim, you need someone who can help you stand up to insurance companies, so you can receive the compensation you deserve. You need an experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyer to fight for your rights. Our car accident lawyers offer decades of experience. We have the knowledge and expertise you need to receive the compensation you deserve for your car accident injuries.
Put yourself in the best position to win your Las Vegas rideshare accident case. Ensure that you have Las Vegas car accident lawyers on your side who have actually won significant compensation for clients. Get our experts fighting for you—contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
What Is a Rideshare?
Before we begin discussing what to do after a rideshare accident, it is important to understand what is meant by “rideshare.” Ridesharing is a service that arranges one-way transportation on short notice. The two largest ridesharing companies are Lyft and Uber.
Rideshare drivers are independent contractors. They drive their own vehicles. If you are injured in a rideshare accident, multiple types of insurance coverage may apply, including insurance policies of the following:
- The rideshare driver
- The rideshare company
- Other drivers involved in the accident
How Do You Use a Rideshare?
So, how do you use a rideshare? Rideshare services are offered in similar manners. To access and use a rideshare service, you do the following:
- Download the application on your mobile device.
- Create a profile.
- Enter your destination in the application.
- Select your driver from those available.
- Confirm your pickup location.
- Wait for your rideshare to arrive.
- Confirm your rideshare before entering the vehicle.
- Ride in the rideshare to your destination.
- Have your payment processed automatically through the application.
Unfortunately, not all rides go as smoothly as the steps above. Sometimes riding in a rideshare can result in an accident. Below we will discuss what to do after a rideshare accident. If you are injured in a rideshare accident, the most important thing you can do is speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers serving Las Vegas area residents. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What To Do After a Rideshare Accident
We hope every rideshare trip gets you safely to your destination. Unfortunately, some rideshare trips end in accidents. If you are involved in a rideshare accident, you should take the following steps.
- Remain calm. Being in a rideshare accident can be scary and stressful. Try to remain calm. It will help you handle the situation.
- Call 911. Contact the authorities to report the accident and get medical attention.
- Gather information. Obtain all of the driver’s insurance information, including personal and rideshare policies. Gather the names and contact information of witnesses and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Document the accident. Take pictures of the accident scene and injuries. You can also write down your recollection of what happened.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. If a rideshare driver has injured you in a Las Vegas-area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. You need Las Vegas car accident lawyers with a proven track record of winning top compensation for their clients. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. We understand that you may be nervous upon meeting your Las Vegas personal injury lawyer for the first time. Our lawyers are friendly and knowledgeable and will put you at ease as you describe the details of your accident case.
Don’t delay; now is not the time to go at it alone against parties who do not have your best interests in mind as a Las Vegas rideshare accident victim. Discover how our Las Vegas car accident lawyers provide you with the best opportunity to win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Rideshare Safety Tips
Now that you know what to do after a rideshare accident, we also want to provide rideshare safety tips. If you are taking a rideshare, use the following rideshare safety tips:
- Request your ride inside. Do not wait outside by yourself.
- Check your ride. Make sure you are getting into the right car. Prior to entering the vehicle, confirm that you have the correct driver. You should check the license plate, car make and model, and the driver’s photo. Everything you check should match the information in the application.
- Confirm your name. Prior to getting into the vehicle, have the driver confirm your name. You can ask the driver, “Who are you here to pick up?”
- Sit in the back seat. Sitting in the back seat helps you choose a safe side to exit from the vehicle. It also gives you and the driver space.
- Wear your seat belt. Seat belt use is one of the most effective ways to save lives and reduce injuries in crashes.
- Share your trip status. Use the application to share your trip status with loved ones or choose another form of communication. Share your driver’s name, photo, license plate, and location.
- Keep it private. Do not share additional personal information with the driver.
- Trust your instincts. If you need help, call 911. This service is also available via the application. If you feel unsafe, you can end the ride.
- Leave feedback. If your rideshare experience has issues, let the rideshare service know.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above tips help you stay safe in rideshares. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that many types of accidents can occur during the summer. If you are injured in a rideshare accident, it is important that you seek experienced legal representation. Don’t delay. Get in touch with our Las Vegas car accident lawyers, so we can begin pursuing significant compensation for you. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your car accident case. Plus, you don’t have to worry about affordability: our Las Vegas car accident lawyers don’t get paid unless you win.
The lawyers at Anthem Injury Lawyers have over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. This includes Las Vegas area rideshare accidents. This is the level of experience you need to win top compensation. Don’t wait. Now is the best time to schedule your appointment with us to discuss the details about your Las Vegas area rideshare accident. Your selection of a Las Vegas car accident lawyer will be one of the most consequential decisions you’ll ever make. Choose wisely and call Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.