Memorial Day is a federal holiday honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. In addition to honoring fallen soldiers, many people spend the weekend with family and friends. Unfortunately, Memorial Day weekend can be a deadly and dangerous time. We want you and your loved ones to be safe. Here, we discuss the top Memorial Day accidents and how to avoid them.
We hope you have a safe Memorial Day. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Memorial Day weekend is often a time for car travel and road trips. Unfortunately, more cars on the road means the roads are even more dangerous. The average number of traffic deaths during Memorial Day over the last six years is 12.4 percent higher than the average number of traffic deaths during the comparison periods.
Practice Safe Driving
While it’s not possible to avoid every accident, it is possible to lessen your chances of being involved in a car accident by practicing safe driving. Safe driving includes doing the following:
- Wearing a seat belt
- Using car seats and booster seats
- Driving sober
- Signaling before turning
- Stopping on red
- Paying attention
- Driving the speed limit
- Not using a cell phone when behind the wheel
- Staying calm
Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk drivers contribute to the dangers of driving during Memorial Day weekend. During the 2020 Memorial Day period, 41 percent of fatalities involved an alcohol-impaired driver. You play an important role in preventing drunk driving accidents.
Prevent Drunk Driving
Drunk driving accidents are preventable accidents. We are all responsible for making safe driving choices. In Nevada, it is unlawful to drive with a concentration of alcohol of .08 or more in your blood or breath. The best way to avoid a drunk driving accident is to prevent drunk driving. You can prevent drunk driving with the following tips:
- Create a dialogue. Discuss the risks of drunk driving with friends in advance.
- Stay sober. Offer to be a designated driver.
- Plan ahead. Do not drive to any location where you plan on drinking alcohol. If you plan to drink, make alternate arrangements to get home. This may include using a rideshare app, taking a taxi, or getting a ride from a friend.
- Look out for drunk drivers. If you are on the road, stay alert for drunk drivers. There are many ways to identify drunk drivers.
- Report drunk drivers. If you believe that a driver is drunk, do not engage. Try to make a note of the vehicle’s license plate number and driving direction. Then contact 911.
If an impaired driver injures you, contact the police and get medical help immediately. Let the police know that you suspect the other driver was impaired. Once you’ve received medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers for assistance with handling the details of your drunk driving accident case. Why should you have Anthem Injury Lawyers represent you in your accident case? Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers offer you years of experience winning cases against impaired drivers. This is the exact experience you need to win your Las Vegas car accident case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Memorial Day weekend is hot, especially in Las Vegas. Most people cool off in the water. This includes splashing around in a swimming pool and boating at Lake Mead. Unfortunately, water can be dangerous. Avoid Memorial Day weekend accidents by practicing swimming pool and boating safety.
Swimming Pool Safety
Practice swimming pool safety by doing the following:
- Swim sober. Alcohol and water do not mix.
- Only swim to your ability. Do not swim in water that you cannot handle.
- Teach children how to swim. Ensure every member of your family achieves skills of water competency.
- Always watch children around water. Designate an adult to watch children around the pool or hot tub. Never assume someone else is watching your child. For parties or large gatherings consider hiring lifeguards.
- Prevent access to water. Use layers of protection, including barriers.
Practice boating safety by doing the following:
- Boat sober. Alcohol is a leading cause of boating accidents.
- Wear a life jacket. Have accessible personal flotation devices for every passenger. Ensure that every child wears an appropriate personal flotation device.
- Pay attention. Many boating accidents are caused by operator inattention or improper lookout.
- Check the weather forecast. It’s dangerous to be on a boat during storms, especially wind and lightning storms.
- Take a boating safety course. In Nevada, boaters must complete a Nevada Department of Wildlife approved boater education course.
- Understand and follow the law. If you are boating in Nevada, review the Handbook of Nevada Boating Laws.
If you are injured in a boating accident, you should seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above discussion about the top Memorial Day accidents and how to avoid them helps you and your family stay safe this weekend. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.