Winter Driving Safety Tips
The winter solstice happened on Monday, December 21, 2020. This was the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year. The start of winter can bring dangerous driving conditions. Stay safe on the roads with our winter driving safety tips.
We hope the below information helps you stay safe on the roads this winter. If another driver injures you, you should seek medical attention immediately. Once you have gotten the injuries tended to, you should seek legal help from a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers and staff. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers offer aggressive representation and the requisite knowledge to give you the best opportunity to receive significant compensation. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Complete Your Winter Car Safety Checklist
Before you venture out on the winter roads, complete your winter car safety checklist. Your checklist should include the following:
- Oil – Check your car’s oil on a regular basis. Checking your car’s oil keeps the engine running well.
- Brakes – Inspect your vehicle’s brakes. Pay attention to brake issue signs including grinding, squeaking, or squealing brakes.
- Windshield/windows – Keep your vehicle’s windshield and windows free of dirt and cracks. Dirty or cracked windows impact your visibility and create a dangerous driving condition. Repair any visible cracks or chips. Keep your vehicle’s windshield fluid reservoir full.
- Wiper blades – Replace damaged wiper blades. Wiper blades help you safely see in winter driving conditions including snow and rain.
- Engine air filter – Inspect your engine air filter regularly.
- Tires – Proper tire maintenance is important to help you safely navigate winter roads. As the outside temperature drops, so does tire inflation pressure. Always maintain proper tire pressure. Remember to check your tire tread depth, ensure proper balance and alignment, and rotate as recommended. Determine whether you need snow tires.
- Lights – Lights are especially important during the dark winter months. Make sure all lights and signals are in proper working order including your headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and fog lights.
- Battery – When the temperature drops, battery power drops. Check your battery and charging system.
We hope this winter car safety checklist helps you stay safe on the roads. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. We work on a contingency basis, so you don’t have to worry about upfront fees. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada, and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity.
Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation. Our car accident lawyers can come to you in Las Vegas, should your injuries be severe or you cannot otherwise visit our office. There’s no reason to wait to contact our office. Time is of the essence: allow our Las Vegas car accident lawyers to get started representing you so you have the best opportunity to receive the compensation that’s rightfully due you.
Plan for Winter Weather Before You Travel
You should always plan for winter weather before you travel. The safest tip for winter travel is to only travel in winter weather when necessary. If you must travel in winter weather, plan ahead and do the following before you travel:
- Take your time – Leave extra time to safely travel to your destination. Speeding is a dangerous and potentially deadly decision on winter roads.
- Know the road conditions – Dial 511 or 1-877-NV-ROADS for road conditions before driving.
- Communicate – Share your travel plans with those at your destination so they know when to expect you. Keep them updated along your trip.
- Keep it clean – Always remove snow and ice from the vehicle before traveling.
- Get tips – Review our news and information for additional safety tips.
Even if you plan for a safe trip, an accident can still happen. If you are a car accident victim, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers provides expert representation to make sure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Leave the complexities of navigating the system and dealing with insurance companies to our Las Vegas car accident lawyers. They offer the expertise you need to receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Winter Driving Safety Tips
Bad weather is a cause of many accidents in Las Vegas. You can prevent an accident by understanding how to drive in bad weather. According to the Nevada Driver’s Handbook, it is important to do the following when driving in bad weather (including snow and ice):
- Slow down – The most important thing to do when driving in bad weather is to slow down. Stopping distances on slippery roads may be two to ten times greater than on dry pavement.
- Focus – Fog, rain, and snow all impede vision. If you have difficulties seeing, other drivers likely have the same difficulties.
- Do not rush – Give other drivers plenty of space. Pay special attention to the taillights on vehicles in front of you.
- Equip your vehicle – Use all-weather radial tires, snow tires, or chains (when necessary).
- Be cautious – Even properly equipped vehicles can slide on ice or snow-packed roads.
- Get the feel of the roadway – Start out slow, then gently test your brakes to find out how well you can stop. Start slowing down long before you come to an intersection or turn.
- Reduce speed – There is no such thing as a completely safe speed on snow and ice. Each city block or stretch of highway may be different. Road conditions change with the sun, shade, and amount of sanding.
- Avoid sudden changes in speed or direction – In general, gentle braking will allow you to slow down and stop safely. Gentle breaking uses a slow light touch and release pattern. If your vehicle has an anti-lock braking system (ABS), activate the anti-lock feature with a firm, continuous pressure on the brake pedal.
- Maintain visibility – Keep windows and windshield clear.
We hope these tips help you and your family stay safe on winter roads. If you are injured in a winter driving accident, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can give you legal advice and help you protect your rights. Our Las Vegas legal team understands that being an accident victim can be one of the most difficult things you will ever face. As you deal with injuries and wonder how to navigate the system, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope these tips help you stay safe on Nevada roads this winter. If a car accident injures you or a loved one, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation.
You need a highly skilled legal team to represent your interests in your Las Vegas car accident case. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims. Please note: Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you the compensation you deserve. It is through aggressive representation by our experienced car accident lawyers that you have the best opportunity to gain just compensation. Remember: you don’t need to fear that insurance companies will shortchange you. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers will work on your behalf: they take on all the complexities of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Anthem Injury Lawyers is just a phone call away. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.