Bicycle Safety Tips
A horrific tragedy occurred this month in Clark County when five Las Vegas cyclists lost their lives and several more were injured in a crash involving a truck. The cyclists were all experienced and traveling in a group when the accident occurred. This accident has many wondering what can be done to prevent such tragedies. While most experienced cyclists have the knowledge to stay safe on the roads, we understand that safety is everyone’s responsibility. Below we will discuss bicycle safety tips for riders and drivers as well as what to do if you are injured in an accident.
Have you been the victim in a Las Vegas bicycle accident? It is important that you protect your rights with the help of an experienced bicycle accident lawyer. Crashes between bicycles and vehicles are complex. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Trust our experts to help you win your Las Vegas bicycle accident case. We have the experience and the knowledge to help you receive maximum compensation. Please note: insurance companies are not on your side – you need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights and win you the compensation you deserve. Contact us at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Bicycle Safety Tips to Help Drivers Share the Road
Drivers have a responsibility to safely share the road with cyclists. Drivers can safely share the road by remembering the following:
- Bicyclists have the same rights and the same responsibilities as other drivers in Nevada.
- Safe passing is the driver’s responsibility. When passing, you must move into an adjacent lane to the left if possible. If not, you must pass with at least 3 feet of clearance between your car and the bicycle. This is stated in Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 484B.270.
- Pursuant to NRS 484B.270(3), drivers must yield the right-of-way to any person riding a bicycle on the pathway or lane.
- Drivers cannot drive or park in designated bicycle lanes or paths.
- Not all riders are experienced. Drivers should be especially patient and cautious around children on bikes.
- Accidents can be caused by aggressive driving and road rage. Stay calm around cyclists.
- Alcohol and drugs impair your ability to safely drive and navigate around cyclists. Drive sober.
- Cell phones and other distractions make it difficult to safely drive a vehicle. Pay attention.
- Inclement weather and nighttime can impact your ability to see a cyclist on the road. Proceed with caution when visibility is low.
- Speeding is dangerous for everyone on the road. Slow down.
If you are injured in a Las Vegas car accident that is not your fault, consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers are an experienced team of personal injury lawyers. Our office is in Henderson and we handle personal injury cases in Las Vegas and vicinity. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you what you deserve as a car accident victim. Our car accident lawyers can protect your rights and help you gain the just compensation you are entitled to. Well-meaning friends may say that you don’t need a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. Get the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation – our legal team knows how to navigate the system so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Bicycle Safety Tips to Help Bicyclists Stay Safe
Even the safest bicyclist can be injured by a car. While not all accidents are preventable, bicyclists can still take the following steps to stay safe on the roads:
- Always wear a helmet. Bike helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by 85 percent when worn correctly.
- Choose a bike that fits the rider. Do not allow children to ride bicycles that are too big or too small.
- Use proper hand and arm signals.
- Ride on the right and as far to the right as practicable.
- Obey all signs and signals.
- Stay alert. Listen and look for approaching vehicles.
- Maintain your bicycle. Check its condition before every ride.
- Ride sober. Drugs and alcohol impact your ability to safely ride.
Be Visible at Night
Riding at night can be especially dangerous. Your goal at night should be to see and be seen. You can help drivers see you by wearing bright and reflective clothing. Pursuant to NRS 484B.783(1), every bicycle when used at night must be equipped with the following:
- A front lamp which emits white light
- A rear red reflector
- Reflective material on both sides of the bicycle
Even if you follow the law and practice safe riding, a driver can still injure you on a bicycle. If a Nevada driver injures you on a bicycle, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. We offer years of experience protecting the rights of bicyclists who have become victims in car accidents. This is the level of expertise you need for the best opportunity to receive maximum compensation for injuries sustained in your Las Vegas bicycle accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Should You Do if a Driver Injures You on a Bicycle?
Unfortunately, even the most cautious cyclist can be injured by a car. If a driver injures you on a bicycle, take the following steps:
- Seek medical help immediately. Do not let time pass before seeking medical care. The longer you wait, the harder it is to prove your injuries were a direct result of the accident.
- Describe your injuries in detail. Medical providers document your complaints and injuries in their medical records. Describe them in as much detail as possible. Mention even the slightest pain or discomfort. A minor pain can intensify over time. If you do not mention it at your initial medical appointment, it will be harder to prove that it was caused by the accident. Insurance companies rely on these medical records when evaluating your injury claims.
- Get diagnostic tests and examinations. Make sure to get comprehensive diagnostic tests and examinations. This may include MRIs, x-rays, and other exams.
- Follow through. Follow your doctor’s instructions and follow through with any additional medical care. This includes medical appointments, tests, physical therapy, and medications. Follow through helps both your recovery and your personal injury claim.
- Document your injuries. Document any and all injuries, pain, medical treatment, medical bills, and expenses. Record details like specific pain and symptoms, the medical providers and treatment, time missed from work, and any out-of-pocket expenses for medical care. Writing everything down will help you remember the details of your accident and injuries.
- Seek legal advice. Talking with an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you maximize your recovery and maximize your compensation.
If a driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. We work on a contingency basis, so you don’t have to worry about upfront fees. Our law office is in Henderson, Nevada, and we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. If your injuries preclude you from visiting our Las Vegas area law office, we can come to you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope these tips help you stay safe on the roads. If a bicycle accident injures you or a loved one, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation.
You need a highly skilled legal team to represent your interests in your Las Vegas bicycle accident case. Award-winning personal injury law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. With over 25 years of experience, Anthem Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury claims. Don’t wait. Right now is the best time to get our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers working for you. Time is of the essence: let’s get started now by you telling us the details about your Las Vegas bicycle accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.