Do You Know How to Stay Safe in Parking Lots?
This month, a tragedy struck in a Las Vegas apartment complex parking lot. A 7-year-old boy was reportedly struck by a truck while riding his bicycle in the parking lot of an apartment complex. He later died from his injuries. This tragic accident is a reminder that parking lots are dangerous. While not all accidents are preventable, everyone can take steps to stay safe in parking lots. Read on for our top five tips on how to stay safe in parking lots.
We hope these tips help you and your family stay safe. If you are injured in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your parking lot accident case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyer to fight for your rights. Our car accident lawyers offer decades of experience; the legal experience you need to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You’ll get one opportunity to pursue the compensation you are entitled to as a Las Vegas car accident victim; your choice of a lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will make. Now is not the time to go it alone against parties who do not have your best interests in mind. Our personal injury lawyers put you in the best position to win the compensation you deserve. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
1. Pay Attention
Parking lots are dangerous for both drivers and pedestrians. If you are traveling in a parking lot, you need to pay attention. If you are a pedestrian, you need to stay alert for moving vehicles. If you are a driver, you need to pay attention to other cars and pedestrians. This means that you should avoid doing any of the following while traveling in a parking lot:
- Talking on the phone
- Adjusting your clothes
- Putting on your seatbelt
- Taking photos
- Using your mobile device (laptop, phone)
- Using drugs and/or alcohol
- Engaging in intense conversation
2. Make Kid Safety a Priority
Driveways and parking lots are not safe places for kids to play. Unfortunately, these areas are sometimes the only spaces kids have access to outside. You have a responsibility to take steps to keep your kids safe in parking lots. The following tips can help make kid safety a priority.
- Keep it clean. If you have a parking lot space near your home, keep it clean. Remove toys, bikes, chalk, or any type of equipment from around the driveway and parking lot. This keeps kids from being tempted to play in those areas.
- Choose a safe space. Parents and caregivers can identify and use safe play areas for children. These areas should be away from parked or moving vehicles.
- Do not allow children to play unattended in parking lots. Especially when cars are present.
- Stay visible. Children are small and difficult to see. They tend to dart from hard-to-see locations (like the sides of cars and bushes). If they are playing outside, remind them to stay out in the open. It is also best that they wear bright colors.
- Keep children close. Parking lots can be busy areas for both pedestrians and vehicles. If you are walking through a parking lot with a child, keep them close. Always hold their hand while walking in parking lots.
3. Go Slow
The faster you are driving, the more likely you are to be in an accident. Parking lots are typically congested areas with both cars and pedestrians. Go slow when driving in a parking lot. This can help save a life.
Pedestrians should also go slow in parking lots. It can be difficult to see everything and everyone in a parking lot. The best way to see and be seen is to go slow.
4. Proceed With Caution
Use caution when entering, exiting, and traveling in a parking lot. If you are a pedestrian, you can proceed with caution by doing the following:
- Follow directions. This includes using available pedestrian walkways.
- Walk with care. Falling in a parking lot can be dangerous. Pay attention and avoid ice, loose gravel, and puddles.
- Stay visible. Try to wear bright colors and travel in well-lit areas. Walk where cars expect pedestrians.
If you are a driver, you can proceed with caution by doing the following:
- Follow directions. This includes stop signs, yield signs, and directional arrows. All of these are in place to keep everyone safe.
- Use your signals. This lets everyone know what you are doing.
- Park in designated parking spots. Parking in other areas can create a hazard.
- Focus when backing out of a parking spot. Look out for small children and/or animals.
5. Protect Yourself and Your Belongings
Parking lots can be dangerous areas for you and your belongings. You can protect yourself and your belongings with the following tips:
- Park smart. Pick a well-lit area to park your vehicle. The safest spots are typically those that are the closest to the entrance to your destination.
- Lock your car. Lock your car when you leave your vehicle and immediately when you get back into our vehicle.
- Remember where you park. Do not make yourself vulnerable by getting lost in a parking lot. If you have trouble remembering, use your smartphone to take a picture of the parking spot before you go into your destination. There are also parking apps that can tell you your parking spot.
- Hide your valuables. Make sure items are not visible from outside the vehicle.
- Do not linger. The more time you spend in a parking lot, the more vulnerable you may become. Quickly and safely get in and out of your vehicle.
We hope the above tips help you stay safe in parking lots. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a parking lot, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Remember that insurance companies won’t take your side when it comes to you receiving top compensation for your injuries. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that even the most cautious person can be injured in a parking lot accident. If another driver has injured you, it’s important that you seek experienced legal representation. Our car accident lawyers serve the Las Vegas area with the knowledge and expertise to help you gain maximum compensation for your injuries. We have won many Las Vegas car accident cases similar to yours and gained top compensation for our clients. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your car accident case.
When we say we offer the experience you need, we mean over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. This is the level of experience you need to win your car accident case. You need a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer who has actually won top compensation for clients who have been involved in car accidents. Don’t wait. Now is the best time to schedule your appointment with us to discuss the details about your Las Vegas area car accident. There is no obligation; we only get paid if we win your accident case. Have our personal injury lawyers examine the facts and learn about your case. See why our Las Vegas lawyers give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers now at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.