Did you know one in four vehicles on the road has an unrepaired recall? That creates a dangerous driving situation for everyone. Here we will go over how to find out if your car has a recall.
We hope you stay up to date on all necessary recalls. If you are injured in an accident because of an unsafe vehicle, you should contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning injury cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Is a Recall?
A recall is issued when a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determines that any of the following creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards:
- A vehicle
- Car seat
When there is a recall, the manufacturer is required to fix the problem. It can fix the problem by doing any of the following:
- Offering a refund
- Repurchasing the vehicle (this is rare)
Recalls by the Numbers
According to the NHTSA, millions of recalls are issued every year including the following:
- In 2021, 34 million vehicles, car seats, tires, and equipment were recalled.
- In 2020, 55 million vehicles, car seats, tires, and equipment were recalled.
- In 2019, 53 million vehicles, car seats, tires, and equipment were recalled.
Recalls in the News
The 24-hour news cycle can make it easy to miss important announcements, including recalls. There are several recalls that have been in the news that may impact your safety. These recalls include the following:
- Takata Air Bags. Approximately 67 million Takata air bags have been recalled because these air bags can explode when deployed, causing serious injury or even death.
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. Approximately 16,741 vehicles are affected. Chrysler warns that model year 2017-2018 Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles are at risk of fire, even if the vehicle is turned off.
- Kia Motors America and Hyundai Motor America Vehicles. Approximately 485,000 vehicles are affected. Kia is recalling certain Sportage and K900 vehicles and Hyundai is recalling certain Santa Fe vehicles due to a risk of fire, even if the vehicle is turned off.
- Tesla. Approximately 817,143 vehicles are affected. According to the NHTSA, the seat belt chime may not activate and the driver may begin operating the vehicle in an unbuckled state, which could increase the risk of injury.
The above recalls are not the only recalls that may impact your safety and the safety of your passengers. That is why knowing how to find out if your car has a recall is so important and will be discussed below.
Unfortunately, even the most responsible driver can be injured in a car accident. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 745-8103 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
How to Find Out if Your Car Has a Recall
You and your family are at risk when you drive an unsafe vehicle. That is why it is so important to check for recalls. The NHTSA offers several tools to help you find out if your car has a recall.
Search for Safety Issues and Recalls
On the NHTSA website, you can enter in information to find out about safety issues and recalls. The following are available search options:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall.
- Vehicle. Check your vehicle safety by entering the vehicle’s year, make, and model.
- Car seats. Check your car seat safety by entering the brand name or model.
- Tires. Check your tires safety by entering the brand and tire line.
- Equipment. Check your equipment safety by entering brand name or model.
- Search using other criteria. You can also search complaints by keyword or search by NHTSA ID.
Sign Up for Emails
On the NHTSA website, you can sign up for the NHTSA’s Recall Notification Email System. Once you enter your email address, you will receive notifications about recalls.
Get Recall Alerts on Your Phone
The NHTSA offers the option to get recall alerts on your phone via NHTSA’s free SaferCar app. The free app is available for both IOS and Android. You can get vital, current recall information by doing the following:
- Download the SaferCar app
- Add your vehicle, then type in or scan your Vehicle Identification Number
- Add car seats, tires, and equipment
SaferCar will send you an alert on your mobile device when it discovers a safety recall for the vehicle or equipment you entered.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above tips help you find out if your car has a recall. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area accident, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 745-8167 to make an appointment for a free consultation.