Avoid Personal Injury With New Year’s Eve Safety Tips
2020 has been a whirlwind year and everybody is ready for 2021. While the world is not yet back to normal, the 2021 New Year brings hope. Are you planning on celebrating this New Year’s Eve? If you are, we hope you and your family stay safe with our New Year’s Eve safety tips.
If a driver injures you on New Year’s Eve, contact the experienced personal injury legal team at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We do not charge for initial consultations and will travel to you at home or in the hospital if necessary. It’s important to note that insurance companies are not motivated to help you. Their goal is to pay out as little as possible. Our Las Vegas legal team gives you the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation for your injuries. Leave the complexities of dealing with insurance companies and the details of handling your case to our experienced lawyers and staff. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve Safety Tips for Driving
The National Safety Council (NSC) estimates that 384 people may die on United States roads this New Year’s Day holiday period. While many families are choosing to stay closer to home this year, the New Year’s Eve celebration can still involve alcohol consumption. Alcohol consumption is a major contributing factor to motor-vehicle crashes. Stay safe on the roads this holiday with the following safety tips:
- Never drive impaired. Impaired driving is the number one cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- Always buckle up. Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash. Make sure children are properly restrained.
- Never drive distracted. Distracted driving is anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving.
- Obey Nevada traffic laws. This includes move over laws.
- Stop on red. Intersection crashes can cause death and injury.
- Slow down. Speeding is dangerous and illegal. It accounts for nearly 1/3 of all traffic deaths in Nevada.
- Stay calm. Avoid road rage and aggressive driving.
We understand that even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If you are injured in a Las Vegas car accident through no fault of your own, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies are not motivated to help you. Their goal is to pay out as little as possible for your Las Vegas personal injury case. Contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Did you know that Fireworks are illegal in Clark County? The only exception is for “safe and sane” fireworks during the week leading up to the 4th of July. Even so, many people still choose to use fireworks for their New Year’s celebrations. This can be a mistake and result in serious injuries. To avoid injury, the National Safety Council encourages individuals to only enjoy fireworks at public displays conducted by professionals. Unfortunately this year, the New Year’s Eve fireworks display on the Las Vegas Strip is canceled.
Does that mean you have to go without fun? Not necessarily, there are many fun and safe alternatives to fireworks including:
- Glow sticks
- Noise makers
- Confetti poppers (used with adult supervision)
Fireworks are dangerous and can cause serious injuries. If a fireworks accident injures you or a loved one, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers and case managers. This is the level of expertise and knowledge you need if you are the victim in a Las Vegas personal injury incident. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients in Las Vegas and vicinity. If you are unable to come to us, we can travel to you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve can be a stressful time for pets. There may be unexpected noises and activity. Help your pet have a safe and happy night with the following tips:
- Keep alcohol away from pets. Alcohol is toxic to pets. According to the Pet Poison Helpline, severely intoxicated animals can potentially experience seizures and respiratory failure.
- Pets should always wear identification (ID) tags. Check your pet’s ID tag to make sure it has your current contact information. Microchipping is also helpful. Even if your pet lives indoors, have them wear an ID tag in case they escape outside during the bustle of holiday activities.
- Help your pet stay calm. Holiday activities can cause stress for your pet. If your pet is pacing, whining, or acting differently, help your pet stay calm. Play with your pet to distract them or just spend a little extra time with them until they calm down. Some pets enjoy getting a new toy to play with or chew on.
- Keep your pet secure. The safest place for your pet during a holiday is indoors. Make sure your pet has plenty of food and water. Try to keep quiet outside noise. If you are hosting a gathering, keep your pet in a separate room away from unfamiliar guests.
Stressful holiday activities can cause pets to act out and may even cause a dog to bite. If a dog bite injures you or a loved one, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Based in Henderson, Nevada, we work with clients all over the Las Vegas area. Some well-meaning people may try to convince you that you don’t need a lawyer. If you are serious about receiving maximum compensation for your injuries, we urge you to contact our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you celebrate winter holidays at home with the people who live with you. Travel and gatherings with family and friends who do not live with you can increase your chances of getting or spreading COVID-19. If you have or think you might have COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people.
If you decide to celebrate 2021, avoid crowds and do the following if going out in public:
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain social distance.
- Wash your hands.
- Use hand sanitizer.
We hope these tips help you safely welcome 2021. If a Las Vegas driver injures you during the holidays, seek medical help immediately. Once you receive proper medical treatment, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. You’ll want to call the office of Anthem Injury lawyers because we offer experts in car accident law. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If you or a loved one has been the victim in a New Year’s accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are experienced at handling all types of car accidents. These accidents include: truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and drunk driver accidents.