Did you know that yesterday was National Heatstroke Prevention Day? It seems timely considering how hot and sunny it was. Older adults and young children are especially vulnerable to heatstroke in hot cars. We want you and your family to stay safe in the Las Vegas heat. Here, we will discuss vehicular heatstroke prevention.
We hope the below vehicular heatstroke prevention discussion helps keep you and your family safe. If a driver injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Heatstroke is a serious heat-related illness. Heatstroke occurs “when the body becomes unable to control its temperature: the body’s temperature rises rapidly, the sweating mechanism fails, and the body is unable to cool down.” Heatstroke is dangerous and can be deadly.
Young children and older adults are especially susceptible to heatstroke. According to the Mayo Clinic:
- Your ability to cope with extreme heat depends on the strength of your central nervous system. In the very young, the central nervous system is not fully developed, and in adults over 65, the central nervous system begins to deteriorate, which makes your body less able to cope with changes in body temperature. Both age groups usually have difficulty remaining hydrated, which also increases risk.
Young children and older adults are especially vulnerable to heatstroke in vehicles. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “in just 30 minutes a car can heat up by 40 degrees and become deadly.” If you leave a child or an older adult in a vehicle in the Las Vegas heat, even for just a few minutes, you are risking their life. In 2021, there were 23 U.S. pediatric vehicular heatstroke deaths. In the next section we will discuss vehicular heatstroke prevention.
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe as the temperature rises. If you or a family member are the victim of a motor vehicle accident this summer, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Vehicular Heatstroke Prevention
Nobody wants a loved one to suffer from vehicular heatstroke. In the everyday hustle and bustle it can be easy to forget the very real threat that hot cars pose. If you drive with a young child or an older adult, keep the following tips in mind:
- Never leave a child or an older adult unattended in a vehicle. The hotter it is outside, the faster vehicles can heat up.
- Make a habit out of checking your entire vehicle before you walk away. A majority (53 percent) of hot car deaths occur because the child is forgotten by a caregiver.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure everyone is drinking water and has water available when the temperatures are on the rise.
- Keep your car secure. Unlocked vehicles pose a risk, especially to young, curious children.
- Understand heatstroke risk factors in adults. There are many factors that increase the likelihood that an adult will suffer from heatstroke. These factors include health conditions, medication, body weight, age-related changes, and alcohol consumption.
- Talk to your loved ones. Let your loved ones know that hot cars are not safe.
- Lookout for the symptoms of heatstroke. It can be easy to overlook the symptoms of vehicular heatstroke when you are in the car with someone. You should know how to recognize the symptoms of heatstroke in others. Symptoms of heatstroke include: confusion, loss of consciousness, hot/dry skin, profuse sweating, seizures, a very high body temperature, slurred speech, and altered mental status.
We hope you and your loved ones stay safe in and around hot vehicles. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
If you are concerned about a child or an adult in a car, you should immediately call 911. If they are not responsive or are in danger, act fast and immediately do the following:
- Get the person out of the car.
- Spray the person with cool water.
Time is not on your side when a person is at risk for vehicular heatstroke. A vulnerable person can suffer from heatstroke in just minutes. Act fast if you suspect vehicular heatstroke. Your action can help save a life.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above vehicular heatstroke prevention tips help you and your family. If a driver injures you or a loved one in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.