Did You Know May Is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month?
Riding a motorcycle can be exhilarating. The long open road and the rush of the wind as the world passes by. Riding a motorcycle can also be dangerous. Motorcycle riders are vulnerable road users. Motorists and riders both have a responsibility to safely share the road. Every May, as a reminder of this responsibility, we celebrate Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. Read on to learn more about motorcycle accidents as well as what motorists and riders can do to safely share the road.
We hope Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month helps you safely share the road. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your motorcycle accident case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer to fight for your rights. Our motorcycle accident lawyers offer decades of experience; the experience you need to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Now is not the time to go it alone against parties who do not have your best interests in mind. Our lawyers put you in the best position to win the compensation you deserve. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Facts
Motorcycle accidents are common and deadly occurrences. But how common? And what are their causes? Read on to learn more about motorcycle accidents with the following facts from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- In 2019, traffic crashes killed 5,014 motorcyclists, accounting for 14 percent of the total highway fatalities that year.
- In 2018, traffic crashes killed 5,038 motorcyclists.
- The use of Department of Transportation-compliant motorcycle helmets was 70.8 percent in 2019.
- Per vehicle mile traveled in 2019, motorcyclists were about 29 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in a motor vehicle crash. Motorcyclists were also four times more likely to be injured.
- Motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes in 2019 had higher percentages of alcohol impairment than any other type of motor vehicle driver.
- The highest percentages of alcohol-impaired motorcycle rider fatalities in 2019 were in the 40 to 44 age group. This was followed by the 35 to 39 age group.
- Forty-two percent of the 1,886 motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes in 2019 were alcohol-impaired.
- Improper use of a vehicle’s rear-view and side-view mirrors contributes to collisions, particularly with smaller vehicles like motorcycles.
Nevada Motorcycle Accident Facts
Nevadans are not immune to the dangers of motorcycle accidents. Read on to learn more about Nevada motorcycle accidents with the following facts from the Nevada Departments of Public Safety & Transportation:
- In 2018, 59 riders lost their lives on Nevada’s roadways while riding a motorcycle.
- One in five Nevada traffic fatalities in 2018 was a motorcycle rider.
- The majority of multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes are caused when drivers don’t see the motorcyclist.
- Forty-five percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were also speeding.
Motorcycle accidents are dangerous and can result in serious injury to the rider. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you should seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer. The experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers can help you protect your rights and help you get the personal injury settlement that you deserve. You can rely on our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers to aggressively fight for you. Well-meaning people may say that you don’t need a Las Vegas lawyer to represent you. Our experience has proven otherwise. Those who have a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyer fighting for them have the best opportunity to win top compensation. That’s the advantage you’ll get when you have Anthem Injury Lawyers working for you. Our lawyers are friendly and knowledgeable and will put you at ease as you describe the details of your accident case. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Motorcycle Awareness for Motorists
Motorists have a responsibility to safely share the road with motorcyclists. Use the following tips to learn how to safely drive around motorcycles:
- Proceed with caution at intersections. Do not proceed until you have sufficiently looked for all roadway users including motorcyclists and pedestrians. Do not turn if your view of oncoming traffic is obstructed.
- Watch your speed. Modify your speed to match traffic, especially in congested roadways.
- Give motorcycles space. Motorcycles should have their own lane. Do not share a lane with a motorcycle. Give a motorcycle adequate following distance. Be especially cautious when there are road hazards or rough roads. Motorcycles may have a difficult time and make sudden changes in speed or lane position.
- Look out for motorcycles. The smaller size of motorcycles makes it easier for them to hide in a car’s blind spots. Drivers should always check mirrors and blind spots when changing lanes.
- Use your signal. Let motorcycles and other drivers know what you are doing on the road by always using your signal. Other people on the road should know when you are changing lanes, turning, or merging with traffic.
- Drive sober. Driving impaired is dangerous for everyone on the roads and greatly increases your chances of an accident.
If you are injured by a motorist, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, you should seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents. A personal injury lawyer will assist you with dealing with the insurance company and getting you the compensation you deserve. Ensure that you have the best opportunity to gain maximum compensation: trust your case to experienced accident lawyers in Las Vegas. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of Las Vegas lawyers and staff ready to help you. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
Safety Awareness for Motorcyclists
Motorcyclists have a responsibility to ride safely. Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month is a great time for motorcyclists to review the below safety tips:
- Follow the law. If you are a Nevada motorcyclist, read our article, Nevada Motorcycle Laws.
- Ride sober. Impaired riding is the top contributing factor to fatal motorcycle crashes.
- Choose the right motorcycle and equipment for you. Motorcycle safety requires a motorcycle that is right for you and proper motorcycle equipment.
- Wear a Department of Transportation-compliant helmet. Make sure you choose the right motorcycle helmet. You should wear other protective gear as well.
- Ride within your abilities. Safe riding begins with knowing your abilities and riding within them.
We hope the above tips help you safely share the road. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Remember that insurance companies won’t take your side when it comes to you receiving top compensation for your injuries. You need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month is a great time to focus on rider safety. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that even the most cautious rider can be injured in a motorcycle accident. If another driver has injured you, it’s important that you seek experienced legal representation. Our motorcycle accident lawyers serve the Las Vegas area with the knowledge and expertise to help you gain maximum compensation for your injuries. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your motorcycle accident case.
When we say we offer the experience you need, we mean over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. This is the level of experience you need to win your motorcycle accident case. Don’t wait. Now is the best time to schedule your appointment with us to discuss the details about your Las Vegas area motorcycle accident. There is no obligation. Have our motorcycle accident lawyers examine the facts and learn about your case. See why our Las Vegas lawyers give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. Call our personal injury lawyers now at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.