Did You Know It’s the 10 Year Anniversary of Zero Fatalities?
Nevada Departments of Public Safety and Transportation introduced the Zero Fatalities program in 2011. The program is focused on reducing dangerous driving behaviors, with the ultimate goal of zero traffic deaths on Nevada roads. In recognition of the 10 year anniversary, we will provide roadway fatality data and discuss the program’s 13 areas of focus.
We hope the below information helps you focus on safe driving. If another driver injures you in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas car accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. Don’t settle for just any Las Vegas lawyer—your Las Vegas car accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours, for significant compensation. With 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas car accident victims, our lawyers offer you the best opportunity to win your case.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in car accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Remember: our Las Vegas car accident attorneys fight for you; and you don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Nevada Roadway Fatalities Since 2011
Unfortunately, the Zero Fatalities program has not yet met its goal of zero traffic deaths on Nevada roads. On its 10 year anniversary, the Zero Fatalities program reports the following Nevada fatalities since 2011:
- 885 alcohol-impaired related fatalities
- 558 motorcycle fatalities
- 1,523 unbelted occupant fatalities
- 971 speed fatalities
- 698 pedestrian fatalities
- 73 bicyclist fatalities
Even more troubling than the above numbers are 2021 fatalities. This year is on track to be Nevada’s deadliest year in a decade. In 2021, there have already been 243 fatalities. Everyone plays a role in keeping Nevada roads safe. Below, we will discuss the 13 areas of focus that are the key to reducing the number of Nevada roadway fatalities and reaching zero fatalities.
We hope you stay safe on the road. Unfortunately, even the most cautious driver can be injured in an accident. If you are injured in a car accident, contact an experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyer; one who offers a track record of winning top compensation. Anthem Injury Lawyers have experienced car accident attorneys who are ready to help you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Zero Fatalities Areas of Focus
Nevada’s Strategic Highway Safety Plan is a comprehensive statewide safety plan. It identifies the greatest causes of fatalities and serious injuries on Nevada roadways. The safety plan also provides a coordinated framework for reducing the crashes that cause fatalities and serious injuries. Its 13 areas of focus (emphasis areas) are organized under four key areas and are discussed below. The Zero Fatalities program utilizes these areas of focus in pursuing its goal of zero traffic deaths.
- Safe speed is one of the most important choices you can make while driving. In Nevada, speed accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic deaths. For more information on speeding, see our article: Do You Know Nevada Speed Laws?
- Lane departures are crashes that begin with the vehicle running off the pavement or otherwise departing from the lane of travel. If you run off the pavement, remain calm. Try to resist the urge to jerk the wheel back onto the road. Instead, safely steer your vehicle along the road and continue to slow down. Only reenter traffic when it is safe.
- Intersections can be dangerous for drivers and pedestrians. As a driver, you have a responsibility to always stop on red. For more intersection safety tips, see our article on Nevada red light laws.
- Work zones are an everyday reality for Las Vegas drivers. You can prepare for road construction by reviewing the linked construction project map. You can also plan to safely navigate work zones by reviewing our article on Nevada work zone laws.
Vulnerable Road Users
- Pedestrian fatalities typically occur where there is no crosswalk. Drivers have a responsibility to look out for pedestrians and yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. For more tips, review our best pedestrian safety tips.
- Motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in traffic crashes. In Nevada, motorcyclists must have a valid Class M motorcycle license and wear appropriate safety gear.
- Bicyclists are most likely to be injured when they are in an accident involving a car. Stay safe with our bicycle safety tips.
- Micromobility includes e-scooters and mopeds. If you are scooting in Nevada, protect yourself with our scooter safety tips.
Safer Drivers and Passengers
- Occupant protection is one of the most effective ways to protect you and your passengers in a crash. Always wear your seat belt and ensure your children are properly restrained in an appropriate car seat.
- Older drivers tend to engage in safer driving behaviors than other age groups. Older drivers also have a responsibility to assess their driving.
- Young drivers face many challenges. Help your teen become a responsible driver by understanding the top dangers for teen drivers.
- Distracted driving is anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving. Focus your eyes, hands, and mind on the road.
Impaired Driving Prevention
- Impaired driving is the leading cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities. Always drive sober.
Even the most cautious person can be injured in an accident. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of Las Vegas attorneys and staff ready to help you. Don’t delay because you need the advantage of our expert team, starting now: we’ll relentlessly pursue your case to a successful outcome for you. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above discussion helps you safely navigate Las Vegas roads. If another driver injures you in a Las Vegas area car accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area car accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage; one that you will need to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas car accident victim.
Your choice of a car accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers – get the best car accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.