Did You Know It’s Rail Safety Week?
Did you know it’s Rail Safety Week? This year, Rail Safety Week is September 20 through September 26. Read on as we discuss Rail Safety Week and provide rail safety tips for pedestrians and drivers.
We hope the below discussion helps you safely navigate railroad tracks. If another driver injures you, contact an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Anthem Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you win your personal injury case. Insurance companies are not motivated to pay you significant compensation. You need an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights. Our personal injury lawyers offer over 25 years of experience winning compensation in personal injury cases. We offer the experience you need, with our proven track record of winning personal injury cases just like yours, for top compensation. Your choice of a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. Some well-meaning people may tell you that you do not need a car accident lawyer; we don’t recommend that, as you need top representation to win the compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas personal injury victim. Don’t go it alone—have our experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyers put our knowledge and expertise to work for you. Let our team ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
It is important to select a Las Vegas car accident lawyer who has a winning track record in cases like yours. That’s exactly what you will get when you choose Anthem Injury Lawyers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to schedule a free consultation.
Rail Safety Week
Rail Safety Week is held in September each year. The goal of Rail Safety Week is to do the following:
- Raise awareness of the need for rail safety education
- Empower the public to keep themselves safe near rails and tracks
Why Is Rail Safety Week Important?
Trains are a danger to both pedestrians and vehicles. Every three hours in the United States, a person or vehicle is hit by a train. According to the Federal Railroad Administration’s Office of Safety Analysis, in 2020, the following railroad accidents occurred:
- 1,901 vehicle-train collisions
- 198 fatalities
- 685 injuries
How can you stay safe around trains and tracks? Below, we will provide rail safety tips for both pedestrians and drivers.
The lawyers at Anthem Injury Lawyers understand that even the most cautious individual can be injured in an accident. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area car accident, contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Anthem Injury Lawyers. We have the experience necessary to help you win the compensation you deserve for your injuries; don’t let parties who don’t have your best interests in mind stand between you and the compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas car accident victim. Don’t wait. Contact us today to give us the necessary time to pursue your case. This gives you the best opportunity to win the maximum compensation you deserve as a Las Vegas car accident victim. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Rail Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Do not walk on or beside railroad tracks. That is illegal.
- Only cross tracks at designated crossings. The only safe place to cross is at a designated public crossing with either a crossbuck, flashing red lights, or a gate. If a pedestrian crosses at any other place, they are trespassing.
- Avoid selfies. “Selfies” and photo shoots on train tracks are dangerous and illegal. More than 20 Americans have been killed or injured in photography-related train track incidents since 2011.
- Always expect a train. Trains are quiet and fast. Trains can run on any track at any time.
- Use extra caution and attention when crossing tracks on a bike, with a stroller, or in a wheelchair. Cyclists should walk across the tracks. A wheelchair or stroller may require extra time or assistance to navigate across the tracks.
- Obey flashing lights and lowered gates. Never pass flashing lights or go around lowered gates.
- Do not cross until you can see clearly in both directions. Multiple tracks may mean multiple trains.
- Stay off railroad bridges and trestles. Stay out of railroad tunnels. There is only room for the train.
- Do not attempt to hop aboard railroad equipment. Do not play on trains or tracks. Never climb on, under, or through railroad cars. Never jump on or off a train while it is moving.
- Stay alert. Put down your cell phone and turn off your headphones before you cross.
Rail Safety Tips for Drivers
The Nevada Department of Transportation provides the following rail safety tips for drivers:
- Obey all signs and signals. Traffic control systems for railroad crossings may include signals, signs, lights, and markings.
- Leave stuck vehicles. Avoid stalling and do not shift gears while crossing the tracks. Leave a stuck vehicle on the tracks. Exit the vehicle immediately and notify local law enforcement or railroad authorities.
- Trains cannot stop in time to miss cars. It can take the average freight train traveling at 55 miles per hour, a mile or more to stop.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving is dangerous driving. In Nevada, a driver may not talk, send or receive messages or search the internet on a cellular telephone or other handheld wireless device.
- Do not cross until you have a clear view of all tracks. Drivers stopped at a crossing where there is more than one set of tracks must wait until they have a clear view. This view should be clear in both directions. Drivers should only proceed when they can see all sets of tracks are clear.
- Park away from tracks. Never park a vehicle within 50 feet of the nearest rail of a railroad.
- Follow the law. For more information, see our article Do You Know Nevada Railroad Crossing Laws?
Railroad safety is everyone’s priority. If you are the victim in a railroad accident, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Don’t wait: now is the right time to consult our experienced personal injury attorneys. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above tips help keep you safe around railroad crossings. The law firm of Anthem Injury Lawyers understands that an accident can injure the most cautious individual. If another person has injured you, it is important that you seek experienced legal representation. Time is of the essence. Get in touch with our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys today, so we can begin pursuing significant compensation for you. If you cannot visit our Las Vegas area office, we can come to you to discuss your personal injury case.
We have won significant compensation for countless Las Vegas-area clients with cases similar to yours. We have over 25 years of experience specializing in personal injury claims. That is exactly the level of experience you need to win your personal injury case. Going it alone is not recommended when it comes to pursuing top compensation in your Las Vegas car accident case; you need our attorneys working for you to put you in the best position to win the compensation you are entitled to. Have our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys examine the facts and learn about your case. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve as an accident victim.
See why our Las Vegas lawyers give you the best opportunity to win significant compensation. We have won many cases like yours for our clients. Call Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.