Are you ready to say goodbye to 2021 and welcome 2022? We want you and your loved ones to be safe while celebrating. Read on for our top New Year’s Eve safety tips.
We hope the below information helps you safely ring in the New Year. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim, you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas car accident. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in accident cases. Get the advantage of time that we’ll use prudently on your behalf. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve Safety Tips for Driving
This year, the New Year’s Day holiday period runs from Thursday, December 31, 2020 to Sunday, January 3, 2021. The holiday period is a dangerous time for anyone on the roads. The National Safety Council estimates that 384 people may die on United States roads this New Year’s Day holiday period.
The roads are deadly for two main reasons during any holiday. First, people choose car travel to get to and from their destination, whether near or far. Car travel has the highest fatality rate of any major form of transportation based on fatalities per passenger mile. Second, holidays are a time of celebration. During celebrations many people choose to consume alcohol. Alcohol consumption can lead to impaired driving which is dangerous for everyone.
Driving Safety Tips
Many driving accidents are preventable. We want you and your loved ones to stay safe on the roads this holiday period with the following safety tips:
- Drive sober. Impaired driving is the number one cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities. You can be impaired by more than just alcohol. Drugs and medications can both impact your ability to safely control a vehicle.
- Wear a seat belt. Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash.
- Keep your young passengers safe. In Nevada, all children under age six who weigh less than 60 pounds must be secured in a child restraint system. Make sure your child is in a car seat that is appropriate for both their height and weight.
- Pay attention. Distracted driving is anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving. This includes cell phone use, passengers, daydreaming, eating, and drinking. Focus on the road when you drive.
- Obey Nevada traffic laws. For a refresher you can review our article on Nevada traffic laws you should know.
- Watch your speed. Speeding accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic deaths in Nevada.
- Stop on red. Do not rush through red lights and stop signs. Intersection crashes can cause death and injury.
- Stay calm behind the wheel. Holidays can be both fun and stressful. Do not let your emotions interfere with your ability to safely drive your vehicle.
We understand that even the most cautious driver can be injured in a car accident. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area car accident, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to get you maximum compensation. Contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Safety Tips
Did you know that fireworks are illegal in Clark County? The only exception is during the week leading up to the 4th of July. Unfortunately, many people still choose to use fireworks to ring in the New Year. Fireworks can be dangerous and result in serious injuries. This New Year’s Eve, consider alternative to fireworks such as the following:
- Glow sticks
- Noise makers
- Confetti poppers
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve Fireworks
It is possible to safely enjoy fireworks by attending professional fireworks shows. If you are on the Las Vegas Strip this year, you can enjoy fireworks displays from the following eight casinos:
- MGM Grand
- Planet Hollywood
- Caesars Palace
- Treasure Island
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
- Resorts World Las Vegas
- The STRAT
If a fireworks accident injures you or a loved one, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers and case managers. This is the level of expertise and knowledge you need if you are the victim in a Las Vegas personal injury incident. If you are unable to come to us, we can travel to you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve Pet Safety Tips
Did you know the holidays can be a stressful and dangerous time for pets? This is especially true during the New Year holiday when there may be unexpected noise, people, and activity. You can help your pet have a safe and happy holiday weekend with the following tips:
- Do not stress your pet. Think about your pet before you bring it out with you. How comfortable will your pet be where you are going?
- Keep your pet in a secure and safe place. Just like humans, pets need a safe space, especially when they are stressed. During the holidays, the safest place for your pet is usually indoors away from outside noises. If you are hosting a party, keep your pet in a separate room away from unfamiliar guests.
- Do not let your pet consume alcohol. Alcohol is toxic to pets.
- Ensure your pet wears identification (ID) tags. Pets can escape or run away during holiday activities. Your pet’s ID tag can help them get home safely. Make sure the ID tag has your current contact information.
- Help your pet stay calm. Pay attention to your pet during the holidays. If your pet is pacing, whining, or acting differently, they may be stressed. You can play with your pet to distract them or give them something to focus on, such as a new toy.
Holiday stress can cause pets to act out. One way dogs act out is by biting. If a dog bite injures you or a loved one, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above New Year’s Eve safety tips help you safely celebrate the New Year. If you are injured in a New Year’s Eve accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. Plus, you won’t have to worry about affordability—we don’t get paid unless we win your Las Vegas car accident case.
Your choice of a personal injury lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. If you want the best car accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you, you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Have our proven Las Vegas car accident attorneys put you in the best position to win significant compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form