Can you believe that 2023 is almost here? We hope you and your loved ones have a very safe and happy New Year’s Eve celebration. Read on for our best New Year’s Eve safety tips
We hope you have a safe holiday weekend. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area car accident, seek medical care immediately. Once you have received medical care, contact a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas car accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve Safety Tips for Driving
This year, the New Year’s Day holiday period runs from Friday, December 31, 2022 to Monday, January 2, 2023. The holiday period is a dangerous time for anyone on the roads. The National Safety Council estimates that 408 people may die on United States roads this New Year’s Day holiday period. That’s an increase from last year’s estimated 384 people.
Driving Safety Tips
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day can be a dangerous time to be on the road. Before you get behind the wheel review the following safety tips:
- Drive sober. Impaired driving is the number one cause of motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities. Don’t drink or use drugs if you are going to get behind the wheel. If you are going to drink, plan ahead for a safe ride home.
- Watch your speed. Speeding accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic deaths in Nevada. It is one of the top contributing factors to fatal crashes in Nevada.
- Wear a seat belt. Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash.
- Protect your young passengers. In Nevada, any child less than 6 years of age who is less than 57 inches tall must ride in an approved child restraint system.
- Pay attention. When you are driving, you should focus on the task of safe driving. Distracted driving is anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving.
- Obey Nevada traffic laws. If you are driving in Nevada, you should obey all traffic laws. For a refresher, see Nevada Traffic Laws You Need To Know.
- Stop on red. Intersection crashes are far too common. Come to a complete stop at red lights and stop signs.
We understand that even the most cautious driver can be injured in a car accident. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area car accident, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to get you maximum compensation. Contact the experienced team at Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Safety Tips
Fireworks are illegal in Clark County. The only exception is during the week leading up to the 4th of July. Every year, fireworks cause injuries and property damage. According to the National Fire Protection Association:
- Fireworks cause more than 19,500 fires each year.
- Half of the fireworks injuries seen in emergency rooms were extremities: hand, finger, or leg.
- Children ages 10 to 14 years old had the highest rate of fireworks injury.
You can still celebrate this weekend without dangerous fireworks. Consider using glow sticks or noise makers. Alternatively, you can safely (and legally) enjoy fireworks at professional fireworks shows.
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve Fireworks Shows
If you are on the Las Vegas Strip this year, you can enjoy fireworks displays from the following eight casinos:
- MGM Grand
- Planet Hollywood
- Treasure Island
- Resorts World Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace
- The Venetian Resort
- The STRAT
If a fireworks accident injures you or a loved one, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The team at Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers and case managers. If you are unable to come to us, we can travel to you. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
New Year’s Eve Pet Safety Tips
The holidays can be a stressful time for pets. There may be a lot of activity in and around the house, strangers in the house, and unexpected noises. You play an important role in your pet’s safety. Look out for your pet during the holiday weekend with the following tips:
- Leave your pet at home. If you are going to a place with a lot of people and activity, it may be best to leave your pet at home.
- Create a safe space for your pet. Pets do best when they have a safe space. During the holidays, the safest place for your pet is usually indoors away from outside noises.
- Save the holiday treats for humans. Keep people food and drinks away from your pet, especially alcohol.
- Ensure your pet wears identification (ID) tags. Pets can escape or run away during holiday activities and an ID tag can help them get home safely.
- Pay attention to your pet during the holidays. If your pet is acting differently, they may be stressed. Try to help them calm down or give them a safe space.
Holiday stress can cause dogs to act out. One way dogs act out is by biting. If a dog bite injures you or a loved one, seek medical help immediately. Once you have sought medical care, contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend. If you are injured in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form