Clark County has announced that it is working on 12 roundabouts in Summerlin. In addition to repaving the 12 roundabouts, the roadwork will also include improved signage and lane markings. While the county works on its roundabouts, we thought it would be a good time to talk about roundabouts. Roundabouts are designed to improve traffic safety. Below we will discuss the benefits of roundabouts and provide tips for navigating roundabouts.
We hope the below information helps you safely get around roundabouts. If another driver injures you in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer will help to protect your rights and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
As a Las Vegas accident victim you don’t want to fight alone against insurance companies. They do not have your best interests in mind. Anthem Injury Lawyers has a dedicated team of lawyers and staff ready to help you with your personal injury case. Insurance companies and other parties are not interested in helping you receive what you should as a victim in a Las Vegas accident. Your Las Vegas accident lawyer should have a proven track record of winning cases like yours for significant compensation. Our lawyers offer you 25 years of experience winning top compensation for Las Vegas accident victims.
Time is of the essence when pursuing compensation in roundabout accident cases. Don’t delay—have our Las Vegas accident lawyers review your case. Sometimes people avoid contacting an accident lawyer because they worry about cost. You don’t have to worry about affordability. Our attorneys don’t get paid unless they win your case. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Do You Know About Roundabouts?
Sometimes in life it can feel like we are driving in a circle without any direction. Roundabouts seem to have recreated this experience. According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, roundabouts are one-way circular intersections in which traffic flows around a center island without stop signs or signals. Roundabouts are used in place of the following:
- Two-way stop controls
- All-way stop controls
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 857-6000
Did you know that Clark County is the most dangerous county for intersection crashes in Nevada? Intersection crashes represent 31.2 percent of Nevada’s crashes. These crashes can have many causes, including the following:
- Vehicles failing to stop
- Vehicles going straight
- Vehicles turning left
Roundabouts have the potential to reduce intersection crashes. However, roundabouts have not replaced all Clark County intersections. This means that if you drive in Clark County, you are still at risk for an intersection accident. If you are the victim of an intersection accident, contact an experienced Las Vegas lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers are experienced car accident lawyers who are ready to help you. Don’t delay when contacting an attorney after an accident. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Not everyone is a fan of roundabouts. Drivers used to traditional intersections may have difficulty adapting to roundabouts. So why use them at all? According to the Nevada Department of Transportation there are many reasons to choose roundabouts over traditional intersections. These reasons include the following:
- Safety. Roundabouts are safer than signalized intersections. They significantly reduce the potential for collisions. In fact, the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration includes roundabouts in its 20 Proven Safety Countermeasures. The goal of these countermeasures is to reduce serious injuries and fatalities on U.S. highways.
- Reduce the frequency and severity of crashes. At least one study has shown that converting intersections from traffic signals to roundabouts “reduced injury crashes by 80 percent, and reduced all crashes by 40 percent, in those areas.”
- Reduce traffic delays. Roundabouts ensure that traffic can continue to flow unlike traditional traffic signals that stop traffic.
- Lower costs. Roundabouts require little to no electrical costs.
- Reduce pollution. Roundabouts reduce vehicle stops which in turn reduces vehicle emissions and fuel consumption.
- Aesthetic improvements. Many communities use the center circle to enhance the appearance of the overall landscape.
Roundabouts cannot prevent all accidents. If another driver injures you in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Do You Know How To Navigate Roundabouts?
Now that you know why there are roundabouts in Clark County, you may be wondering how to navigate them safely. If you drive in Clark County, use the following tips on how to navigate roundabouts.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
- Remain calm. If this is your first time in a roundabout, take a deep breath to reduce your stress.
- Practice safe driving. Just like everywhere else on the road you should always follow posted signs and guidelines.
Before a Roundabout
- Reduce your speed.
- Yield to pedestrians and/or bicyclists.
Entering a Roundabout
- Yield to your left. Only enter the roundabout when there is an adequate gap in circulating traffic flow.
- Remember that drivers in the roundabout have the right-of-way.
In a Roundabout
- Proceed through the roundabout counterclockwise to the right of the center island.
- You have the right-of-way. Do not stop for vehicles waiting to enter the roundabout.
- Use your turn signal to indicate when exiting.
Unfortunately, roundabouts do not prevent all accidents. If a driver injures you in a roundabout accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Las Vegas Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyers and case managers. Contact us today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
We hope the above discussion helps you understand all about roundabouts. If another driver injures you in a Las Vegas area accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Some people wonder why they need a personal injury lawyer to help them. A personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Award-winning law firm Anthem Injury Lawyers is a team of experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. We are based in Henderson, Nevada, and serve clients throughout the Las Vegas area. When we say we offer personal injury law experience, we mean over 25 years of experience. This is the combination of knowledge and expertise you need to win significant compensation as a victim in a Las Vegas area accident. Our decades of experience, our expertise, plus our deep familiarity with all aspects of Nevada law, give you a powerful advantage. You will need that advantage to fight against those who may keep you from receiving what you deserve as a Las Vegas accident victim.
Your choice of an accident lawyer is one of the most consequential decisions you will ever make. It’s important to select a Las Vegas attorney that can put you in the best position to win your case. That’s why you need to speak with Anthem Injury Lawyers. Get the best accident attorneys in Las Vegas fighting for you. Our experts offer you the best opportunity to win top compensation. Contact Anthem Injury Lawyers today at (702) 857-6000 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Call or text (702) 857-6000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form